magpire Publish time 2013-4-19 07:32

How to choose a fabric color?

I would like to use a different color to the one the designers use but worry it won't look nice when done or that the stitching wont stand out as well.

How do you chose a fabric color for your projects?

stitcherex Publish time 2013-4-19 08:55

I usually use white for all work, antique white/off white at the most.

Polstitches has a fabric colour tester that might help you.Go to their website and play around the tester.

Cheers,
p

abbysmom1976 Publish time 2013-4-19 11:00

I usually go with my gut :)I look at the colors and decide like I did a Key Lime Pie and even though the pattern was supposed to be a totally different color I chose a reallly pretty green color and it turned out beautiful :)But I also agree with the above that antique white or off white is always a good choice :)That or maybe a very light tan/brown :)Good luck!

tipsyturtle Publish time 2013-4-19 19:43

I do a floss toss. Lay out the threads you want to use against different fabrics. Also good if you want to change thread colors.

magpire Publish time 2013-4-19 21:15

Thanks for the tips! :D

I think the floss toss is the best for me - I want to switch green fabric for dark blue but I don't know if the stitching would fade into it too much.

rteixeira63 Publish time 2013-4-24 22:10

If you haven't bought the fabric you can always ask what floss is the closes color match to the fabric.
I usually use white, off white or Raw Linen. I have also used a grey blue but that is it.

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 03:33

Thank you!

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-8 03:01

Thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]
View full version: How to choose a fabric color?