Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-7-30 06:13

What kind of magnifying eyeglasses???

I've seen a couple of mentions of magnifying eyeglasses that folks seem to love.What kind do you use, and where did you get them?I'm using 3.25 reading glasses, and am finding them not quite up to the task in certain light conditions.

Any advice would be much appreciated :D

waterlillie Publish time 2013-7-30 09:52

I use some that clip to my glasses. They are called Carson clip & flip, if you do a search. I found them at Walmart and Michaels. I like them because I have progressive lenses, and they let me see the pattern and the stitching. My cousin tried them and didn't like them, so I guess they don't work for everyone.

langstep Publish time 2013-7-30 10:54

I have been using them for quite sometime now, find they are much better than my reading glasses.
I took a piece of stitching with me to the shop and tried the different strenghts to see what suited me best.I found that the larger the magnification did not mean better the results, you would need to try the different strengths to see what suits you best.
They are sold in our local chemists and in the large variety store - here in Australia, I got mine in K-Mart.

Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-8-2 03:39

Candy Jean replied at 2013-7-29 21:52 static/image/common/back.gif
I use some that clip to my glasses. They are called Carson clip & flip, if you do a search. I found...

Thanks Candy Jean - I found some at Michaels, and hope to try them today.Advice much appreciated :))

waterlillie Publish time 2013-8-2 05:40

kath1634 replied at 2013-8-1 13:39 static/image/common/back.gif
Thanks Candy Jean - I found some at Michaels, and hope to try them today.Advice much appreciated ...

You're welcome.I hope they work for you

Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-8-2 06:35

Candy Jean replied at 2013-8-1 17:40 static/image/common/back.gif
You're welcome.I hope they work for you

I just tried them (attached to my reading glasses to get 1 1/2 the magnification) and they work well.Thanks again!

1debbie2 Publish time 2013-8-5 01:09

I think that's very personal, I'd say the one that feels the most comfortable for you

pinkapricot Publish time 2013-8-8 02:10

that's an interesting question. Since my eyes get worse and worser (am at -11 so far) I don't stitch anymore.
No glasses or any supportivehelp helped me to find the right distance between my eyes & the stitchery.
So I said farewell to this kind of craft several years ago:(

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 03:11

Following this thread

manolimu Publish time 2023-9-4 02:30

Siguiendo este hilo
Pages: [1]
View full version: What kind of magnifying eyeglasses???