rolter Publish time 2015-5-13 05:59

Small Magic circle

I have difficulty making magic circle with few stitches like 4 sc in the magic circle and 4 sc in the following rounds.Any advice to make it easier?

Pam210 Publish time 2017-6-28 18:18

Just keep at it I found that I kept having problems not being able to pull it tightso I kept watching youtube videos on it
One problem was not having the tail end wrapped around your finger.Or I was catching the yarn with the last crochet stitch in the circle that prevented me from pulling it closed.
Once you get ityou will find it easier to do ever time now it is like second nature.As far as working with 4 on 4 stitchestry and get your work to the right side as soon as possible this will helpyes it will be tight.
I usually pinch the tube closed to work that few of stitches, just be careful not to pick up the stitch behind it.

Marshmallow Publish time 2021-12-16 07:57

Very annoying crocheting 4sc or less in the magic circle, firstly I found crocheting a little bit loose helps, secondly once the circle has been closed I take my needle and insert it into the first sc, I manipulate the stitch a little to make it a little bigger and easier to get my hook into and lastly i noticed a difference when I switched to different hooks with a smaller tip, that’s really helpful. Finally just a lot of patience lol if I ever come across a pattern which says 2sc in a magic circle I’m done lol

Danny Pandita Publish time 2020-6-12 02:03

creo que a la hora de envolver el hilo entre sus dedos, lo puede hacer en lugar de dos dedos, con uno y asegurar que den las vueltas correctas, espero le sea de ayuda.

mommom Publish time 2017-5-25 17:04

I can't seem to get the hang of doing the magic circle at all. I will keep on trying but I usually wind up doing it the old fashioned way!!! Maybe someday!! lol
:)

fitriechen Publish time 2019-8-5 16:54

I normally make the first stitch a bit loose so that I can insert my hook easier on the next round, and I wrap the yarn twice not once so it's tighter

petrica Publish time 2023-3-1 04:39

Para mi también es difícil, lo que me resulta es hacer los puntos flojitos, sin apretarlos.

AmiGyry73 Publish time 2023-2-14 05:05

Огромное спасибо, большое))

narutbr Publish time 2023-4-12 22:56

Thanks all for the tips.

amicrochetter Publish time 2019-2-25 19:11

Thanks for your advice!!!

Darkmiss Publish time 2021-12-10 17:56

thanks for the advice

crolady Publish time 2015-5-29 21:24

Keep your circle quite large until you have completed the last stitch, then pull it closed & slip stitch to join. That way you can almost crochet in a row which I find a bit easier :)

crolady Publish time 2015-5-30 15:46

It is a bit fiddly for the first couple of rows :/

belladonna25 Publish time 2015-6-3 18:07

That is hard moment, those couple rows.
I use other end of my hook to pusch mgr stitches down. It is hard to explain.

Iichan Publish time 2015-6-25 00:03

I make sure to use markers so you know which one is the first stitch, which will make it easier to know where to start the next round.

Leonora Publish time 2015-6-26 19:02

:LI having that difficulty too, thanks Ms. Crolady for such a great info.

Wicha Publish time 2015-7-3 17:54

I tend to do a ch2 for little loops, easier than a migic circle that leaves a hole...

katieme Publish time 2015-7-3 18:46

i prefer the "ch 2" method also.. i find it saves time

samara Publish time 2015-7-25 18:21

well, I use Embellish-Knit tool or rope maker it have four needles and its very easy to give me the required rope or I-cord then I can manage the length required and attach it to my doll or accessory or whatever project I am doing it also have a lot of projects ideas
you can Google "Embellish Knit" and you will find a lot of images and Videos for the tool :)
I hope this solved your problem , good luck and enjoy

lyraine Publish time 2015-9-9 11:14

it really isn't easy. when i have to sc 4 in the round, i usually try to go pull the yarn through via the side.. it's hard to explain..

i hate small rounds.. really can't help it tho
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: Small Magic circle