imuni55 Publish time 2015-7-2 20:53

Caron Waterlilies

Hello everyone.
I've just bought Waterlilies for two projects (Persephone and Florentina from Mirabilia), and I've never used them before, and I heard that they bleed.
So I have questions to thosre who used them.
Do they really bleed, how much, and what impressions you have about this? I just think (and hope) that it might really not look so bad when/if they bleed. I'm even excited about this, because colour effects might be stunning!
And two: Maybe someone has photos of the finished projects? Especially those with bleeding, of course :)

jazzo Publish time 2015-7-3 02:25

I cannot give you any suggestions on caron or waterlilies although i have them in my stash, but rainbow gallery hand-dyed thread does bleed, hence i would suggest it would be wise you write direct to the company and take their adviceor wash the thread before use.

Slige Publish time 2015-7-3 07:09

this makes me weary to use them

DailyStitcher Publish time 2015-8-17 01:23

They are so expensive, too. That's the biggest thing keeping me from using them in a project unless I have to.

ornella73 Publish time 2015-8-25 20:27

J'ai déjà brodé ces fils, un vrai régal. Le nuancé est très beau et la soie assez solide, ils s'effilochent moins que la soie AVAS

xstitchmaven Publish time 2015-9-7 04:17

I haven't used these before, but you could test by dipping a sample in water and see if it bleeds there.

cutiepie Publish time 2015-9-19 20:03

I have used them but have never washed my project/fabric/floss so I can't help with the bleeding. I would check to see if they recommend washing before hand. You could always try some synthrapol - it sets the dye to stop from running when you dye fabric and floss, but I would ask first before hand.

imuni55 Publish time 2015-9-20 05:04

static/image/common/user_online.gif cutiepie static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-9-19 15:03 static/image/common/back.gif
I have used them but have never washed my project/fabric/floss so I can't help with the bleeding. I...

thank you for your reply. Sadly, I'm in Ukraine and have never even heard of synthrapol. On the manufacturer's site they recommend to try the threads for bleeding beforehand and if they do wash them with big quantities of water. Guess I'll just have to try

Flirti Publish time 2017-4-8 00:38

... look out for color fixer - or use water and vinegar - google or youtube may help! have fun with stitching

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 05:23

I haven't used these before
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Caron Waterlilies