Post time: 2013-8-20 05:18
| Show all posts
Great info!  Thanks to everyone.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-29 00:42
| Show all posts
I realize the purpose of the post is intended to help users who need to use a proxy for this site however there is some general information you might want to know.

When you connect through a proxy, the proxy always knows the webpage url, including anything in the URL, session keys, form data, passwords etc.
This means that the Proxy CAN know your private information.

A properly designed website can prevent this from happening (meaning it can prevent Proxy from seeing this information), however, not all websites are properly designed.

My suggestion if you are going to use a proxy would be one of two options

1. Use a web based proxy such as the ones listed only for areas that you are not sending sensitive or private information.

And Or:

2. Use a completely different browser for proxy use if you are entering the proxy information manually in your browser settings. There are many browsers out there.

I do know that Opera's internet settings are for that browser only, it does not share data with Internet Explorer or any other browser you may have installed. It is a very simple browser to use.

Next, never use that browser to do online banking, purchasing items etc. Only use it for the sites in which you need a proxy. Basically a proxy dedicated browser.

This is also a good idea if you are using a web based proxy as well.

Note that some browsers such as Safari use or share the same internet settings that are in Internet Explorer. This means if you set up a proxy in Safari in your browser settings, when you use IE to shop online or anything you do in general is using that same proxy you set up for Safari. Basically you are not safe on any site that you input personal information.

When setting up a proxy in a browser be sure it is for that browser only, you can tell this generally when you click on your settings and then proxy, if the interface for IE or Firefox etc comes up and that is not the browser you are using this means it is shared with that other browser.

There are SSL proxies but a good rule of thumb is never trust them. Proxy servers pop up on a hourly basis, some of them are intended for the sole use of preying on individuals who are not familiar with how a proxy truly works. No proxy is 100% safe.

Most individuals I know who use proxies use the alternative browser method. For the purpose of this forum a web based browser is fine and there are a handful of trusted ones. It's actually simpler that way, you don't need to remember to turn off a proxy on your dedicated browser if you need to enter a site that you do not wish to share information with.

Do note that some will stop scripts, this means that the pop up window you get to save a file may not show up at all. In that case click on the link on the page that opens up on this site that says "if your download does not start automatically click here"

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-29 01:04
| Show all posts
the easy way is to use an anonymus server, like JonDo ectr.

Comments

I totally agree! But in case someone wants other options it's nice to know what they are  Post time 2013-9-1 13:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-29 10:39
| Show all posts
question: my internet is provided by my apt complex, there are over 100 people living here, any idea what I can do? I have firewalls and my computer is hidden on the network.

Comments

You can safely use any of the anonymous websites for regular browsing on this site.  Post time 2013-10-6 03:30

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-8-7 06:48
| Show all posts
Great tips, thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-30 16:34
| Show all posts
There's alway's ZenMate, a extention for some web browsers and it's free.
I used it with Google Chrome, IE, And 2 others.
Look in google to find you're solution. You can select the country you wish, and so on.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-31 18:08
| Show all posts

Great tips, thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-25 09:58
| Show all posts
Thank you - I've just been looking at these and scratching my head over a choice...............:Q

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-26 02:09
| Show all posts
thank you for the info

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-5 21:27
| Show all posts
Thanks very much for the info. I made mine precausions.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 05:48 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058464 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list