Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 3809|Reply: 30
Collapse the left

[Typical Courses] STITCHING OVER 1 THREAD WITH EVENWEAVE FABRIC

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-4-9 08:24
| Show all posts
Thank you dove. When stitching over one, and not doing the moody stitches (continental), I always make sure that I follow the direction of the top fabric thread - go across if the top thread is horizontal, and go up/down if the top fabric thread is vertical.

Comments

I'm not really sure what you mean. In the images above, the top stitch is horizontal in A and vertical in B. Does that match what you mean?  Details Reply Post time 2013-4-9 09:06

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-9 11:18
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-9 11:22
| Show all posts
Edited by Philomena at 2013-4-9 11:28

dove replied at 2013-4-9 09:06
I'm not really sure what you mean.  In the images above, the top stitch is horizontal in A and ver .

Login/Register to enlarge

The stitch won't slip when it is wrapped around the fabric thread that is uppermost on the back - that means underneath from the front. So you have to travel in the same direction as the topmost thread. If you wrap it around the top thread, it can slip between the top and bottom thread of the fabric because there is nothing to hold it. This is probably as clear as mud.

Comments

No, I understand what you mean. I have found that the guidelines in the images wrap the threads as you say. I have also found that after I have worked a number of stitches in an area, it doesn't mat  Details Reply Post time 2013-4-9 12:11

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 04:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075511 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list