Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1291|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Help with a stocking

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-25 18:30
| Show all posts |Read mode
Last year when my son was born 10 weeks before Christmas he was bought THREE (spoiled I know) 'My First Christmas' Stockings.  Well I am at a loss to find one I like for this year as it will be his second Christmas so those ones just won't do.

I have seen a few nice Christmas stocking designs and know I would have no problems with the Cross Stitch but how would I make it up?  I know to back it - but wouldn't know the best material - and I know it will need something around it at the seams/join to make it look neat but wouldn't know what or how.  My knowledge base is cross stitch, aida and evenweave - I can use a sewing machine to do a basic stitch but that's about it.

Please can someone give me some advice or point me in the right direction?  I will be stitching on 11 count aida to make the stocking nice and big but I do want it to last more than a couple of years as well. x

Thank you for any assistance in advance x

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Author| Post time: 2013-9-25 19:19
| Show all posts
fingers crossed someone can help us x
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-25 23:17
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing these - I am off to have a look now :) need to decide which of the stocking design I want to do so I can make a start! x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-26 00:41
| Show all posts
thanks for all your answers the links are a great help too x I think I have the right idea for finishing it now x just need to pick a design and get stitching x

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-29 04:53
| Show all posts
definitely very good information, i think i will be waiting until after christmas and making one for next year as my main project.  I am also getting a new sewing machine for christmas so it should help with the making up part as the one i am using now isn't great. x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-12 08:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.040747 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list