Register
Search
View: 5546|Reply: 34
Collapse the left

[Crochet] Small Magic circle

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-5-13 05:59
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have difficulty making magic circle with few stitches like 4 sc in the magic circle and 4 sc in the following rounds.  Any advice to make it easier?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2017-6-28 18:18
| Show all posts
Just keep at it I found that I kept having problems not being able to pull it tight  so I kept watching youtube videos on it
One problem was not having the tail end wrapped around your finger.  Or I was catching the yarn with the last crochet stitch in the circle that prevented me from pulling it closed.
Once you get it  you will find it easier to do ever time now it is like second nature.  As far as working with 4 on 4 stitches  try and get your work to the right side as soon as possible this will help  yes it will be tight.
I usually pinch the tube closed to work that few of stitches, just be careful not to pick up the stitch behind it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-12-16 07:57
| Show all posts
Very annoying crocheting 4sc or less in the magic circle, firstly I found crocheting a little bit loose helps, secondly once the circle has been closed I take my needle and insert it into the first sc, I manipulate the stitch a little to make it a little bigger and easier to get my hook into and lastly i noticed a difference when I switched to different hooks with a smaller tip, that’s really helpful. Finally just a lot of patience lol if I ever come across a pattern which says 2sc in a magic circle I’m done lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-12 02:03
| Show all posts
creo que a la hora de envolver el hilo entre sus dedos, lo puede hacer en lugar de dos dedos, con uno y asegurar que den las vueltas correctas, espero le sea de ayuda.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 17:04
| Show all posts
I can't seem to get the hang of doing the magic circle at all. I will keep on trying but I usually wind up doing it the old fashioned way!!! Maybe someday!! lol
:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-8-5 16:54
| Show all posts
I normally make the first stitch a bit loose so that I can insert my hook easier on the next round, and I wrap the yarn twice not once so it's tighter

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-3-1 04:39
| Show all posts
Para mi también es difícil, lo que me resulta es hacer los puntos flojitos, sin apretarlos.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-2-14 05:05
| Show all posts
Огромное спасибо, большое))

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-4-12 22:56
| Show all posts
Thanks all for the tips.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-25 19:11
| Show all posts
Thanks for your advice!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-12-10 17:56
| Show all posts
thanks for the advice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-29 21:24
| Show all posts
Keep your circle quite large until you have completed the last stitch, then pull it closed & slip stitch to join. That way you can almost crochet in a row which I find a bit easier :)

Comments

Thanks for the advice. I have difficulty in making the following rows specially for making fingers of amigurumi.  Post time 2015-5-30 09:27

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Golosadilana + 2 Good trick!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-30 15:46
| Show all posts
It is a bit fiddly for the first couple of rows :/

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-3 18:07
| Show all posts
That is hard moment, those couple rows.
I use other end of my hook to pusch mgr stitches down. It is hard to explain.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-25 00:03
| Show all posts
I make sure to use markers so you know which one is the first stitch, which will make it easier to know where to start the next round.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-6-26 19:02
| Show all posts
:L  I having that difficulty too, thanks Ms. Crolady for such a great info.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-3 17:54
| Show all posts
I tend to do a ch2 for little loops, easier than a migic circle that leaves a hole...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-3 18:46
| Show all posts
i prefer the "ch 2" method also.. i find it saves time

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-25 18:21
| Show all posts
well, I use Embellish-Knit tool or rope maker it have four needles and its very easy to give me the required rope or I-cord then I can manage the length required and attach it to my doll or accessory or whatever project I am doing it also have a lot of projects ideas
you can Google "Embellish Knit" and you will find a lot of images and Videos for the tool :)
I hope this solved your problem , good luck and enjoy

Comments

thanks for the advice! Will try to google it.  Post time 2015-7-26 08:28

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-9 11:14
| Show all posts
it really isn't easy. when i have to sc 4 in the round, i usually try to go pull the yarn through via the side.. it's hard to explain..

i hate small rounds.. really can't help it tho

Comments

if you crochet edward's menagerie birds.. toft alpaca.. u can't escape it.. ALL their birds' legs are sc 4 in the round. or in british knitting lang. dc 4 in the round.  Details Reply Post time 2015-9-12 23:13
I hate small rounds too!  Post time 2015-9-12 15:24

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 04:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061106 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list