Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1569|Reply: 19
Collapse the left

[Crochet] Learned to Crochet

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-9-7 22:59
| Show all posts |Read mode
I am a knitter who just taught myself to crochet.  I'm almost finished making my Menorah (candleabra) and a Yoshi for my GS.  I noticed knitted toys are much larger than crochet toys, why is that?  Is there a way to make a crochet toy as big as a knit toy?  Thanks fo your help!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-5-16 08:49
| Show all posts
sundrop016 2015-9-9 21:22
thanks lyraine for the advice.  What size hook should I use for amigurumi's?  I do see the stuffing  ...

Amigurumi uses tight single crochet stitches, pretty much never anything else because there would be gaps and you want a solid fabric.

The overall size just varies depending on who designed it, if I'm understanding you correctly. You can vary size by varying the yarn weight and hook size; just follow the pattern exactly as you normally would. The key is the hook size in relation to yarn weight. Use a smaller hook than you normally would and your stitches will be small and tight. I usually use a 3.75mm hook with worsted weight yarn.

Look up a site called "All About Ami", she has excellent tutorials.

Comments

Thank you so much, I desperately want ti learn  Details Reply Post time 2019-9-17 15:25
thanks for the info:)  Post time 2017-5-16 21:52
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-9-17 15:25
| Show all posts
Yarny 2017-5-16 02:49
Amigurumi uses tight single crochet stitches, pretty much never anything else because there would  ...

Thank you so much,  I desperately want ti learn

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-12 02:05
| Show all posts
Considero que depende de la forma en que teja, asi mismo el numero de hilo y el numero de la aguja

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-23 22:38
| Show all posts
Congrats on learning ❤ Hook size increase and you can also increase the yarn weight

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-5-28 07:46
| Show all posts
It depends the pattern, the thick of your yarn and the size of your hook

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-6-13 23:17
| Show all posts
sounds interesting! following..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-2-17 06:01
| Show all posts
Please share with me too

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 23:04
| Show all posts
Warning !! patterns contain a VIRUS!!!
Warning!! this site provide patterns with a virus!!!!!
This virus sitting at your computer Quiet! and when you using your credit card he take your information!!
It's sitting at the Computer Registry and if you want to remove it you will have to format  your computer
not only that this virus can harm your computer and delete all your files too!
So be careful and don't download Patterns from this site they are infected now with this new virus.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 23:15
| Show all posts
This virus sitting at your computer Quiet! and when you using your credit card he take your information!!
It's sitting at the Computer Registry and if you want to remove it you will have to format  your computer
So be careful and don't download Patterns from this site they are infected now with this new virus.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 23:17
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 23:20
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-8 00:59
| Show all posts
Many congrats to you!  I was just the opposite...I crochet but taught myself to knit.  YouTube was so helpful.  I learned many stitches and techniques just watching videos!  If you are looking to increase the size of your project, you'll just need to increase the size of your hook.  Also, tension has a lot to do with it.  If you are a very tight crocheter, you'll want a larger needle than they call for.  Also the size of the yarn you use should be considered.  I thread crochet mostly so changing over to smaller knitting needles was an easy transition.  I'm still working on using larger knitting needles; they just feel bulky, but I'm determined!  Good luck to you and hope to see some of your finished projects!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-8 01:35
| Show all posts
Awesome news!  I haven't crocheted in years.  I prefer knitting myself.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-8 02:57
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-8 03:05
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-8 03:14
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 06:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075447 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list