Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Hamsteren09
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] The Secret to Stitching with Beads

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-1-10 21:57
| Show all posts
I am going to be using beads soon with my latest project and this has really given me ideas how to stitch with them.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-11 03:56
| Show all posts
Muchas gracias

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-12 01:44
| Show all posts
Thanks for your advice. I was using a full cross stitch so that the beads lay up and down.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-15 08:33
| Show all posts
Thanks very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-25 19:00
| Show all posts
Gracias por la información

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-26 08:59
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-15 02:32
| Show all posts
Thank you so much for the guide. It's well written and informative.

I like stitching over 2 on 32 count linen, and when I see a pattern using lots of seed beeds in an area lying side by side I convert them to a petite bead, because a normal sized seed overlaps a 16 count square. Just in a row is fine, but in a block, they don't fit nicely, and bulge out.

I also came across something called a Tacky Bob, it's a CD case full of a type of gunky stuff, that you pour your bead onto, the bead sticks and is held, and you can then use your needle to pick up that bead type and  use it on your thread. I'm going to order one and see if it's good. People have been raving about it, saying if your stitching something like a Mirabilia design, and you have to change bead colors often you can put a pile of each bead in each corner, and just pick each color change up with your needle when you want. It sounds too good to be true for me. I've used bead nabbers before, but invariably I end up with more beads down the back of the sofa than on my fabric!

Comments

Sorry, the photo is so un-inspiring!  Post time 2015-3-14 05:12
What's the Tacky Bob like Countedout? I have a knit pattern that I'm dying to make but I don't want to spend all the hours fishing out the beads to thread onto the yarn I'm going to ply into my wool.  Post time 2015-3-13 20:15

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-13 07:44
| Show all posts
Great ideas for all sorts of beading projects - thanks!:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-14 05:11
| Show all posts
Sorry, the Tacky Bob looks very un-inspiring! If you google the name, you'll find it available at some big stores like Joanns etc.
Tacky Bob from Joanns - Copy.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-15 01:16
| Show all posts
thanks for the tips.  I have never combined beading with stitching.  I think it is really beautiful in the pieces I have seen and can't wait to try it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 00:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.059286 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list