| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: SallySue
Collapse the left

How do you convert a pattern to a repaint?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-11-3 23:52
| Show all posts
Thank you for such a informative post I was wanting to understand, repaints. Your post helped me greatly! :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-14 00:00
| Show all posts
Thank you for this post. I am starting on repainting a few patterns myself and this helped clear up at least MOST of my confusion in starting. :) I cannot say I'll be doing a ton of it, but I can definitely save the paper patterns I have and make them easier to read (and thereby to *do*!)

I think most of my confusion stemmed from the fact I was under the impression one could take a scan, underlay it in the program and literally *paint* over it. However, in my attempts this came out either unreadable or the gridlines don't match up so badly that you spend more time trying to figure out what goes where. :Q Now get that I need to just stagger my windows and paint one stitch at a time. Doing one 10x10 square at a time, across the rows. Slow going, but possible.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-2-14 01:58
| Show all posts
These are the instructions that another member of the forum helped me with when I first started doing repaints using Pattern Maker.
I wrote them down and keep them handy.  Hope they help other members.

Repaint Instructions
Import image.
Unclick “convert the image into full cross stitches”
Click include image as underlay for tracing.
Adjust fabric size to at least 300x300
Align grid section:
Check select grid
In box underneath put the number of stitches between the reference point for marking the grid.  Do this in multiples of 10.  Put the grid marker icon over the intersection of two gridlines.
When grid lines up then click import and then close.
After that to a Hold Control followed by hitting “z” twice to enlarge grid.
Delete the original pattern before importing next piece.
When you import the 2nd part of your design Hold Control followed by hitting “Z” three times to recreate original grid size. Do this after hitting close when you complete the import.
Move the new imported part of the pattern to the proper spot by hitting the rectangular selection button and moving the black dots with your keyboard arrow keys.
Palatte
Double click on empty box at bottom of screen to pull up palette.  Either enter color number or double click on color box to select floss colors.
Use symbols bar to select symbol for floss color.  Use the symbol that matches the original pattern.  Be sure to click the box to “show floss color under symbol”.
Select number of floss strands.
Select color and symbol for backstitches, French knots, beads etc.
To make the symbol easier to read check box for bold.
If using beads or French knots use a font character instead of dot for easier reading.
Do all backstitching first and use contrasting color to make it easier to read.

When pattern is complete and you are happy with it click dotted rectangular box at top of screen then hit the delete key on your keyboard.  Be sure that the little black dots show around your pattern.  You can reverse this by hitting the undo button on the top of the screen.

Be sure to hit the save button occasionally while working on the pattern to avoid accidental loss.

To make a color correction select the new color on the palette then drag it to the color you want replaced and left click.

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
Jane Doe + 3 Thank you very much!
Claire T + 1 Thanks for the detail

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-20 01:32
| Show all posts
Thank you, thank you for such helpful information:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-4-6 17:09
| Show all posts
Muchas gracias por compartir

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-12-14 09:46
| Show all posts
Are all repaints in XSD format?  I’m not able to open them :(

Comments

Download a free version of Pattern Maker and then you can open and use repaints.  Post time 2019-12-14 22:30

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-12-15 00:17
| Show all posts
Kaynik 2019-12-14 09:46
Are all repaints in XSD format?  I’m not able to open them

Thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-24 00:43
| Show all posts
Can repaint patterns be read without a special software? Are they jpeg files once generated?

Comments

No, you need to download Pattern Maker viewer. You can find free downloads for Pattern Maker on line.  Post time 2020-3-24 04:29

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-1 00:42
| Show all posts
gateausoso 2020-3-24 00:43
Can repaint patterns be read without a special software? Are they jpeg files once generated?

Thank you for your reply!

Comments

Good point! I only use Pattern Maker so I forget about the other options.  Post time 2020-4-4 03:18
There are two different repaint file formats. .pat-files open with PCStitch .xsd-files open with Pattern Maker  Details Reply Post time 2020-4-2 16:35

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-2 16:35
| Show all posts
gateausoso 2020-4-1 00:42
Thank you for your reply!

There are two different repaint file formats.

.pat-files open with PCStitch
.xsd-files open with Pattern Maker

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 17:46 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.174900 sec., 20 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list