Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 4227|Reply: 34
Collapse the left

finding Russian Yarns

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-6-8 19:18
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have a few Russian patterns that i would love to make in the yarn recomended colours and i was wondering if anyone knew a site i could buy Russian yarn from, I am in Tasmania, Australia and cant find where to get the colours and yarns from.

Comments

Old topic  Post time 2022-10-14 20:53

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

• · Yarn|Threads: 3, Subscribe: 0
Post time: 2022-7-17 06:58
| Show all posts
I've started buying my yarn from overseas. I save a Wishlist and often they'll post for free when you hit a certain price bracket.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-11 13:49
| Show all posts
Hi, I'm from Russia, you can send me the name of yarn and I'll try to help.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-8 03:51
| Show all posts
Edited by Sebnem at 2017-10-8 04:21

Most of the yarns sold in Russia are originally from Turkey. You can buy them from hobiumyarns.com This is the online shop that operating from Turkey, might be cheaper than alternatives since the yarns are local. If you need specific brands you can send me post message I can check whether it is from Turkey.

PS: The web site I wrote belongs to big yarn manufacturer named Kartopu. I live in Turkey so I dont have experience with their international shipping performance. But I can tell that payments are secure and they have good customer services.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-2-18 06:02
| Show all posts
I know this is an old post, but I didn't see this as an option so might help someone in the future.
If the pattern is on Ravelry, then you can use the yarn tab to find out what other people have used instead of the one recommend in the pattern.  As well if you search for the yarn itself, there is a tab for buying options, so you might find out who has it in stock near you, if a LYS has populated it in RAV.  One other option is yarnsub dot com which rarely lets me down for finding a substitute for a particular yarn.

Comments

Just to let anyone know, I have ordered from hobiumyarns.com. Service is excellent, shipping is fast & efficient. Have beautiful yarns & colors that you see in Russian patterns. Definitely recommend.   Post time 2021-11-24 08:05
Noz
Thankyou so much for your help i will try those options.  Details Reply Post time 2021-2-18 19:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-8 21:25
| Show all posts
Edited by nancylailee at 2017-6-8 21:28

I have order yarn sets for crocheting dolls from "etsy.com/shop/knittlife" which is from St Peterburgs Russia and most of the yarn she uses is a yarn named YarnArt from etsy you can find the shop it's name is Fiscraftland, it ships world wide and is located in Lithuania (sorry I had to take the url out) just search the name from Etsy and it should bring the shop name up. Hope this helps you.

Comments

Noz
Thank you very much for your reply and help.  Details Reply Post time 2017-6-9 05:42

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-8 22:04
| Show all posts
ldee13 2017-6-25 06:08
Oh, that is good to know! I have had to substitute the yarn many times and it appears we in the U.S. ...

I live in the US and I have used DMC pearl thread to substitute the only place that I can order that is from Herrschners online I can pick the colors and fine it fairly close. In US they don't have fine yarns, the very fine yarn is usually too high priced to make dolls and toys.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-8 22:07
| Show all posts
ldee13 2017-6-25 06:08
Oh, that is good to know! I have had to substitute the yarn many times and it appears we in the U.S. ...

When I purchase yarn from the etsy shop I usually order in the bulk because of the shipping cost, you can order single skeins of yarn, not sure what the price would be for the shipping would be.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-6-25 22:08
| Show all posts
Oh, that is good to know! I have had to substitute the yarn many times and it appears we in the U.S. just don't have proper substitutes. I go through yarnsub to try to get yarn that is 'close enough', but I haven't been able to find many color choices. Are the shipping costs reasonable?

Comments

When I purchase yarn from the etsy shop I usually order in the bulk because of the shipping cost, you can order single skeins of yarn, not sure what the price would be for the shipping would be.  Details Reply Post time 2017-9-8 22:07
I live in the US and I have used DMC pearl thread to substitute the only place that I can order that is from Herrschners online I can pick the colors and fine it fairly close. In US they don't have fi  Details Reply Post time 2017-9-8 22:04

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-6-9 05:42
| Show all posts
nancylailee 2017-6-8 23:25
I have order yarn sets for crocheting dolls from "etsy.com/shop/knittlife" which is from St Peterbur ...

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2021-2-18 19:51
| Show all posts
toomuchreading 2021-2-18 08:02
I know this is an old post, but I didn't see this as an option so might help someone in the future.

Thankyou so much for your help i will try those options.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-29 00:30
| Show all posts
Most of yarns, used in russian patterns are made in Turkey. But if you want to buy from there, the quantities are so big.. What kind of yarn you are looking for?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-10-8 06:33
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for your help i will check that sight out and get back to you how i went.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 16:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.230946 sec., 27 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list