| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 4018|Reply: 47
Collapse the left

[Knitting] What\'s your favourite needles?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-8-29 01:37
| Show all posts |Read mode
Mine are KnitPro cubics, also KnitPro interchangables. Earlier I had Addi needles, but the cord is not so good when you knit a lot.

I'd like to try HiyaHiya needles.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-8-31 04:48
| Show all posts
I love Knitpicks wood needles.  They are sharp and the interchangeables are great!  They also stand behind their products if there is a problem!
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-8 08:35
| Show all posts
Edited by DehbiK at 2017-9-8 08:39

I have individual interchangeables that I really like.  I have Cubics, Novas, and my favorites, Karbonz.  The interchangeable tips from Knit Picks and Knitter's Pride are all interchangeable although the companies tell you that they don't guarantee their needles if you mix them with the other company's needles, but I've never had a problem.

I choose which needles to use according to the fiber content.  Slippier yarns do better with wood and bamboo, or sometimes plastic.  Yarns that are less slippery do better with the Novas, which are all metal.  The Karbonz are nice for the acrylic yarns I use for children's hats that I knit and sell.

I like the shorter tips (or special tips) that allow you to put together a 16" needle if you use a shorter cord.  

I almost never use straight needles for anyting.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-20 04:22
| Show all posts
I like the Chiagoo interchangeable needles.  Since I received my complete set of 5" steel, I'm looking forward to getting the mini's set (sock sizes) in 5" as well.  I would love to get the bamboo (spin) complete set as well for those very slippery yarns.  I love the fixed circular needles Chiagoo produces too.  I started with those, then found I liked them so much got an interchangeable set.
You could say I love Chiagoo, which I use almost exclusively now.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 09:05
| Show all posts
I have used Pony's circular needles for a long time, but then I found a pair of KnitPicks needles in a charity shop, thought why not, and I'm smitten. :)

I generally work with cotton, bamboo and cotton-acrylic yarns, and both wood and aluminium needles work with those.

I dislike working with bamboo needles, though. Maybe I just got a poor batch, but my bamboo yarn was savaged by them. :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-10 16:38
| Show all posts
I like circulars. I have Symphonie, Karbonz and Zing from Knit Picks, I don't like Karbonz because of the small gap between the tip and the body of the needle. I took knitting socks two-at-a-time (I tend to loose DPN's and never knit the second sock otherwise) and for that I've tried Addis and Chiaogoo, and I tend to preffer Chiaogoos.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-25 03:43
| Show all posts
Son düzeltme: Pairika Tarih: 2018-9-25 03:46

I like Knitpro zing (metal and circular) and changable sets (carbonz)
I like sharp tips and great smooth surface and they are really really fun and easy to use
I like them most
And i wonder acrylic circulars but i cant find them in my country. Sad.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-5-10 06:17
| Show all posts
J'utilise de simples aiguilles achetées aux Ti... du Ren...
Du 3 ou 3.5 en générale.
Je possède des aiguilles circulaires et à torsades aisin qu'une paire d'aiguilles en.bambou n°4 mais au final je retourne toujours vers mes aiguilles en métal..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-31 22:45
| Show all posts
I started with KnitPro interchangables and still use them for everything heavier than sport weight. For lace projects with lace or fingering weight yarns I prefer metal needles with sharper tips.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-4 20:54
| Show all posts
I love red Chiagoo and of course HiyaHiya, the best of intechangeables needles and I have used a lot of brands. I good like that hiyaHiya made same 1.5-2.5 interchargeables as chiagoo do

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-30 01:23
| Show all posts
Didn't like the cubics, happy with Addi's (not interchangeable) and I like metal Kartopu circulars. Kartopu is local brand for me and it is really cheap. Also I'm wondering HiyaHiya.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-5 10:18
| Show all posts
I really like knitting with just plain metal straight needles. I do use circulars but they make my hands hurt.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 11:10
| Show all posts
I love my Chaio Goo interchangeables, regular circulars and dpns best.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-15 21:32
| Show all posts
Love the wooden needles - very light

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-23 18:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061375 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list