Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 3790|Reply: 20
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Using 5 needles

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-4-9 08:42
| Show all posts |Read mode
I can't catch on to using double point needles. I drop stitches at ends and have loose spots. Any tips for how to do this or good directions?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2018-6-4 05:12
| Show all posts
I highly recommend the Magic loop on a long circular needle. It works best for me, I don't get "laddering" or loose stitches with this method. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

Comments

Agree with the Magic Loop. I'm always dropping the needles when using double points. So annoying to have to stop and look for your needle on the floor  Details Reply Post time 2022-12-11 01:43
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-9 13:00
| Show all posts
I would suggest finding a method that works for you by practicing.   It does get easier.
When I finish a needle I move the stitches to the middle of the needle this keeps them from sliding off.
Needle tip protectors will also keep the stitches from coming off the ends.  Longer double pointed needles will also make it less cumbersome.  If I have
a lot of stitches I use a circular needle.   Socks and sleeves I use double pointed needles as there are less stitches on the needles.  There is also the magic loop for knitting in the round; I
have watched some tutorials, but I've not tried it yet.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-4 15:53
| Show all posts
I really like double points. The thing is to knit tightly enough to keep the stitches from sliding off the needle. Using,5 is definitely better than 4. I don't have a problem with ladders but if you do you can knit one extra stitch on each needle each round so that the junction moves over every round. You might find that wood or bamboo is a better choice for you if you are having stitches slip of as they grab better. If you truely hate them there are some really small fixed circulars available. I switched to them when my kids were babies as they were always pulling the dpns out of my work:@ but you have more flexibility with dpns

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-17 11:33
| Show all posts
If you are insistent on using double points, I would suggest putting either rubber bands or point protectors on those needles you are not using.  That will keep your stitches on your needles.  When moving from one to the next needle, make sure you tighten your wool between the two needles.  Your stitches should even out when you block your work.  I always had trouble with double points and this helped me, but when I moved over to magic loop, no more problems.  I use magic loop for everything now instead of double points.

Comments

Gracias por compartir  Post time 2023-1-17 05:37

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-12-11 01:43
| Show all posts
bevcustom 2018-6-4 05:12
I highly recommend the Magic loop on a long circular needle. It works best for me, I don't get "ladd ...

Agree with the Magic Loop. I'm always dropping the needles when using double points. So annoying to have to stop and look for your needle on the floor

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-9-2 02:26
| Show all posts
You should practice and practice and practice. To avoid dropping stitches at ends, take care of putting them at the center of the needle when you change of needle, this is only a matter of method.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-9 17:44
| Show all posts
I use rubber bands at one end when casting on double point needles or else I use a circular needle and a double point one to cast on (European style) because it saves heaps of time.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-4-11 04:06
| Show all posts
CraftyLouAnna 2018-4-9 13:00
I would suggest finding a method that works for you by practicing.   It does get easier.
When I fini ...

Thank you. :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-19 00:02
| Show all posts
Rubber point protectors and knit two stitches over into the next needle each time to avoid the "ladder" look.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-13 09:44
| Show all posts
I try to avoid double pointed needles too. Magic loop is much easier for me.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-18 21:07
| Show all posts
I use a circular needle.Socks and sleeves magic loop :D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 22:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079561 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list