| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-5-16 09:21
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

I've been keeping mine in ziplock snack bags. I live in a part of the country now that has a lot of humidity and wonder if I should do that or go back to the bobbins in a box method. I like the binder idea but again the plastic v humidity and how will it be on the floss.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-20 20:13
| Show all posts
ok, I have mine in Lo Ran Master card holders..  and use project cards for the project I am doing.. when I finish a project the leftover thread are added back in.. my main holder

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-20 23:39
| Show all posts
like karriboo, i place my threads in ziplock bag and I have also put in a card writing their number for easy reference.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-26 13:14
| Show all posts
My daughter organized mine.  She sorted by numbers (300, 400, 500, etc) into ziploc bags.  These are held in a plastic shoe box.    I do keep track of what colour I am using with a spreadsheet, so if I need a colour that is with a project I just look at the colour numbers and find the corresponding project!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-26 17:02
| Show all posts
Same here, Into ziploc and by range of colour number. It's a big mess when I'm looking for a colour but I manage to get by with that.  Space saver.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-2 19:55
| Show all posts
I have just spent many days organising my floss. I have them all on plastic bobbins and in a wooden chest of drawers by DMC. I tried stitchbows but could not get on with them and the cardboard bobbins are not strong enough.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-15 11:32
| Show all posts
I have a large piece of hardboard with small panel pins nailed into it screwed to the wall in my sewing room and hang them in numerical order on this. Otherwise small zip lock bags and label them with the colour number

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-17 21:13
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

brilliant idea, thanks very much. Up till now have just kept all threads in a box, bagged into colour groups, but this looks much better...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-6-19 22:13
| Show all posts
I am always trying to find better ways of organizing floss. Right now I keep at least one skein of DMC on a Stitchbow and have three 5" binders full of floss. I also have a storage box with ziploc bags full of extra skeins of DMC. I then have a 3 tiered stacking box full of specialty threads like silks, Rainbow Gallery, Kreinik, WDW, and Crecent Colors. Most of these are in floss bags and little boxes. But I keep thinking that there has to be an easier way.:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-13 03:37
| Show all posts
NoraBL respondió a las 2012-3-30 01:11
Yo tengo los hilos en las bobinas plasticas con su numero y guardados en una caja con departamentos ...

Lo mismo hago yo !

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 04:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101967 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list