| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: samhain126
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How do you organize your floss?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-7-15 15:52
| Show all posts
It's genius.. :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-15 16:34
| Show all posts
Great to read everyones ideas.
I have all mine on bobbins in plastic boxes.  My spares are kept in plastic ziploc bags in number groups of 300, 400 etc.
My hand dyed threads are attached to a metal ring, Weeks Dye Works on one ring, Crescent Colours on another (as I dont have a large amount of each yet) and then placed in one of my storage drawers.
I love the idea of the baseball card holders.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 01:20
| Show all posts
Hi, some great ideas here. When I tarted cross stitching about 15 yearsago I got in a right mess. My husband then bought me a complete set of DMC threads (half a skein on each bobbin) the DMC number was written on the bobbin clearly. All the bobbins arelaid in numerical order but sideways. The numbers are still fairly visible and the boobins don't stop the lid closing even if you use plstic bobbins. The entire collection of standard colours fits in 3 of the usual craft storage boxes with the dividers. You probably know which ones I'm talking about. I have a fourth box with variegated, glissengloss and rayon colours and a fifth box with needles, bobbin winder and lots of plastic bobbins ready for when I have to refill a bobbin. It's very relaxing winding the threads when watching TV or listening to music.

I guess you find a solution at some point & then stick to it. The most important thing I think is that you protect the threads from moisture and light and TANGLES !!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 02:17
| Show all posts
I use plastic cd wallets (not cases) and plastic shoe boxes that press stud together, that way the floss can breathe and I place large white adhesive labels on the front of each wallet and just store them in numerical order :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 03:41
| Show all posts
loved the idea of plastic bags.
bobbins are so expencive

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 09:40
| Show all posts
I always used bobbins & floss boxes. Then, I decided one day I didn't like it. So I switched to plastic bags. I converted the entire DMC collection to baggies. And I hated it. I LOATHED it. So I went back to bobbins. I got a plastic drawer system at Home Depot that's meant for nuts and bolts. And with some foam board from the dollar store, I made dividers for the drawers. I'm so happy with this way. And for any project, I pull the threads, and use a small floss box to carry my threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-18 23:37
| Show all posts
I punch holes in an index card and tie them onto the hole, labeling each hole with the number of the floss.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-3 19:55
| Show all posts
guaynia replied at 2011-8-2 04:33
I used to keep it in little bags on a ring but it was hard to look for my colors. Took a look at bob ...

Woah, this is a great idea!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-3 21:28
| Show all posts
definetely stitch bows for me. expensive, i know... but they can be sorted easily in my plastic containers. I only use bobbins for leftover threads.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-4 11:03
| Show all posts
:loveliness: I usually keep them in a box. Mine are cotton pearl 10g each so it is a matter of finding a proper space to store them. (I'll take a picture and post it soon for you :loveliness: hope this might help.
guaynia  > in her reply (number 3) has a great idea of storing them,, to be honest I use cotton pearls to avoid that hassle but seems I'll buy the stranded DMCs soon :loveliness:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 00:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086269 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list