Forgot password?
 Register
Author: MaryGas70
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] About Fabrics to stitch

[Copy link]
Post time: 2010-11-11 15:44
| Show all posts
i like the linen, recently i found a new fabric (for me), the Jobelan 28 count, to for cross stitch, it’s the equivalent of a 14ct Aida when stitched over two threads. Is so smooth..i love it.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-25 06:50
| Show all posts
I really like linen but it isn't for all projects.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 14:49
| Show all posts
Useful info. Thanks a lot.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-5-5 14:52
| Show all posts
I have a lot of evenweave from my trip overseas but in Vietnam where I live, there is no fabric other than Aida 11ct and 14ct. Most stitchers here stitch on pre-printed 11ct kits because it's a lot faster and they get really big pictures. I prefer quality over quantity and there are so few of us :'(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-1 08:42
| Show all posts
Super useful info - one thing to bear in mind though is if you have fractional stitches and swap from evenweave to aida it will be harder on the aida fabric because you have to create holes in the fabric.  But for full stitches or half stitches not a problem.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-15 03:51
| Show all posts
There is a further breakdown into categories of "evenly woven" fabrics though.

And that is difference between Linens, (made from the flax plant fibre) woven to even counts, from rarer 25 count, 28 count, 32 count, 36 count, 40 count (again v rare) and 42 count. There are some types of linen that contain less slubs (fatter threads) than others, that can be sold as evenweave Linen.

When most charts refer to "Evenweave" they aren't talking about linen fibres. Evenweave is a cotton/synthetic mix, woven from even warp and weft fibres, containing no slubs at all. The different names for evenweave eg. Jobelan, Monnaco, Laguna, are from different manufacturers, all offering different cotton/synthetic mixes. (100% cotton evenweave is very hard to find now. Most evenweaves are produced in 28 and 32 count. Laguna in 25 counts and Linda in 27 counts.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 11:55
| Show all posts
This is very useful for when I teach friends to cross stitch, thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-6 19:03
| Show all posts
Мэри, спасибо за интересную тему. Вышиваю на любых тканях, в зависимости от дизайна

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-29 01:30
| Show all posts
Very useful article, thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-30 14:32
| Show all posts
спасибо!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 20:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045315 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list