View: 2022|Reply: 34
Collapse the left

If you are using Chrome and have problems downloading files: Possible solution

[Copy link]
Post time: 2020-12-2 17:23
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2021-3-3 14:22

This is a Chrome browser issue, here is 2 solutions:

1 - Keep in mind this fix is a bit dangerous, because it turns off all protection from dangerous site.

1. Open Chrome and click the three-dot menu at the top right of the window.

2. In the drop-down menu, choose "Settings."

3. On the Settings page, in the You and Google section, click "Privacy and security."

4. In the Privacy and Security section of the main page, click "Security."

5. In the Safe Browsing section, click "No protection (not recommended)" to turn the feature off.

6. Click "Turn off" in the pop-up to confirm you want to do this.

7. Download the file that was blocked.

2 - You can also first try this, for each file you download:
Hit CTRL+J and per downloaded file now you can indicate if you want to keep it anyway (or not..). It's just a workaround, but it's at least more safe than turning off protection.

Good luck!

Comments

Problems with Chrome are fixed  Post time 2021-4-23 08:40

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
Fox01 + 10 thanks for thinking with us

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-12-2 21:51
| Show all posts
THIS  is not the solution,
Google classifies PinDIY as malware sender.
PinDIY has to be added on the whitelist in Google,
and PinDY has to negotiate that with Google.
Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-31 19:55
| Show all posts
Edited by leopard danio at 2021-1-31 19:58

I also prefer Chrome. You should change Chrome permissions in settings. I started to allow everything I could and it worked. So, I'll tell you what I changed and you test there. Then, tell me if it works for you.

Click on the padlock before the url of PinDIY. Choose SETTINGS and allow the following permissions:

Flash
Pop-us and redirects
Background and synchronization
Automatic downloads
Unsafe content

ALL the files we approve are free from viruses so don't be afraid. If we approve a file, it means it's Ok.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-2 18:12
| Show all posts
I have problems when trying to download or a file from iBooks. In iBooks I find that when I click to download nothing happens, no download. I switch to a different browser like edge and the download works. I am also getting a lot of errors saying downloading from this site can damage your computer and that proceeding will damage your computer. With most downloads being paid threads now that's a lot of lost coin since you don't get this error until both member and site have been paid. Again this doesn't happen in edge.

Comments

It only happens with iBooks I get the occasional error that it will do harm to my machine. I use edge and no error or problem. I then scan to make sure there is no malware or viruses tagging along.  Post time 2020-12-2 23:55
No lost coins, all you have paid for is available at: https://www.pindiy.com/ibooks/ You never pay twice for the same download. What you need to do is fix your browser an download the file again.  Details Reply Post time 2020-12-2 21:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-13 08:02
| Show all posts
No puedo descargar ningún archivo en la portada de la página me dice que no puedo alguien puede explicarme por qué??
Cross stitch Communication / Download (Cant post new thread only reply)

I can not download any files on the cover of the page tells me that I can not someone can explain why ??
Cross stitch Communication / Download (Cant post new thread only reply)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-12-2 21:20
| Show all posts
Duckeyd

Login/Register to enlarge
2020-12-2 11:12

I have problems when trying to download or a file from iBooks. In iBooks I find that when I click to ...

No lost coins, all you have paid for is available at: https://www.pindiy.com/ibooks/
You never pay twice for the same download.

What you need to do is fix your browser an download the file again.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-16 22:16
| Show all posts
Edited by Vilu8 at 2021-1-16 18:37

For Google Chrome users - there is a problem with downloading .rar or .zip files. Nothing happens if you try one more time from iBooks. When you try it for the first time it is ok - you can download it, but cannot open a file. Check the operating system on your PC. For Windows 7 or XP another browser is not a solution.

Comments

Neither Windows 7 or XP are supported OS (as in Microsoft doesn't release patches or updates anymore), so they are not recommended at all. Please upgrade your OS before you get a malware or something.  Post time 2021-1-25 12:16

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-20 20:56
| Show all posts
KatharinaV-NL

Login/Register to enlarge
2020-12-2 22:14

Only for PinDIY I use Microsoft Edge as browser.
It was on my computer anyway... No problems at all  ...

True, thanks for sharing it! I had the same problem and I could download it using Microsoft Edge.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-2 19:09
| Show all posts

Thanks a lot ! When I get the block saying that the download is not safe, I give it to download and I download without problems. Another option is to open the link in another window and if it doesn't work I do it with the Firefox browser

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-20 04:24
| Show all posts
no puedo descargar los pdf que esta ocurriendo necesito solucionar el problema , he pagado un monton de monedas y no me sale para descargar los patrones gracias

Comments

Please try to use another browser (like Firefox, Opera or Edge), or try using a download manager ( Internet Download Manager, uGet, or Xtreme Download Manager).  Post time 2021-1-20 08:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-18 17:19
| Show all posts
I found opening the download link in a new window worked, sometimes I have to refresh the newly opened window, but my downloads are working by doing that

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-2 18:42
| Show all posts
Спасибо за информацию

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-2 18:59
| Show all posts
GOOGLE blocked all downloads,

but you can still download it by right clicking

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-3 05:14
| Show all posts
Only for PinDIY I use Microsoft Edge as browser.
It was on my computer anyway... No problems at all anymore.

Comments

True, thanks for sharing it! I had the same problem and I could download it using Microsoft Edge.  Details Reply Post time 2020-12-20 20:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-16 21:58
| Show all posts
Спасибо!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-22 03:36 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070685 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list