Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: MaryGas70
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] How to Tea Dye Fabric

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-4-19 03:36
| Show all posts
A friend of mine tried it once, and her fabric looks amazing. The only thing to remember ia that the colors become lighter when the fabric dried.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-19 10:08
| Show all posts
I'm too lazy to read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned dyeing with used coffee grounds? It's slightly messier than tea or brewed coffee, but it makes use of what would otherwise be waste and I think it might have a little more lasting dye effect (personal experience opinion).

Just dump the used coffee grounds from a basket-type drip machine(what everybody in North America will call a "coffee maker"... might be different in other countries who use screw presses or lab glass percolators) onto your fabric and fold it loosely into a flat little bundle.

Put this at the bottom of a dish or bowl and add some boiling water -- just enough to soak the bundle, you don't have to submerge it. Squish the bundle up and down a few times (like using a plunger) with a potato masher or the back of a spoon or whatever works, just to soak the fabric. Now let it sit until the water cools off.

To strengthen the dye effect, put the bowl with the bundle in the microwave and re-heat it. If it dries up after multiple reheatings, add some fresh boiling water. :loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-19 16:19
| Show all posts
Very useful!
thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-26 05:09
| Show all posts
i create my own vintage look

Comments

Fem
with tea  Details Reply Post time 2012-4-26 05:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-26 05:10
| Show all posts
Fem replied at 2012-4-26 05:09
i create my own vintage look

with tea;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-26 23:28
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-29 17:03
| Show all posts
This is really a great help. I was about buying a new fabric just now. Thank you very much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-4 12:32
| Show all posts
very useful thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-8 17:05 From mobile phones
| Show all posts
I will definitely try with tea & coffee. It's a good way to used expired tea :) thanks for the tip

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-5-27 01:58
| Show all posts
Does vinegar not set the dye also?   I do know that vinegar is a bleach but I've always used vinegar in the washing machine to set colours.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 23:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045350 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list