Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1681|Reply: 77
Collapse the left

About generating GC and other issues

[Copy link]
Post time: 2021-3-25 17:57
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everybody.
I wanted to express my opinion because I have seen that there have been plenty of complaints about this matter. Some complaints are justified and some are not.

I fully understand that for some people it has become more and more difficult to gain GC because of some sudden but important changes made recenty and necessarily. But don't you think that a bit more of active participation would be welcome? We all started from zero but there are some users who share stuff and some others who only leech. I am sorry to be so blunt but it is true. Due to the privacy setting of course I do not see who posts a pattern, a magazine or whatever... but as an uploader, I am almost certain that in some areas it's only a handful of people who keep the new stuff coming in.

Please, consider participating more: share at least an original pattern a month. Over time they generate "richness". Or help somebody by purchasing a pattern that you also like and that is requested in the bounty area. This is a hobby for me and I invest in it, when I can, and I have found out that this is the best way to collect GC. At least this has been my own experience. I also donated real money once or twice (cannot remember exactly).

About pricing ~ some patterns are really expensive with real money so for me a price of 150-250 GC is acceptable and just. I would extend the price fair up to 300 GC, especially if the pattern is complex and well explained. Please also note that most recently, some designer patterns can cost up to 10 US dollars (or more) with some beloved Russian dolls costing up to 25 US dollars (or more). The general and average price of patterns in real money varies between 5 to 7.50 US dollars. If you don't believe me, get a look at Etsy or other selling platforms. Sewing and embroidery patterns are amongst the most expensive, when originals.

Now... there is another issue that has been bugging me. There are patterns in our forum that have been priced up to 500 GC. How you serious, whoever you are???? This is shocking, to be honest. People are struggling to collect GC and to add to this reality, the original designers do not have too expensive prices to begin with!!! Perhaps a little bit control on this is necessary because of the general difficulty in gaining GC. Plus, I see a lot of clutter coming from places like vk . com and when this is priced high on GC it is simply not fair, especially when some of us share original stuff.

And you dear Admins, how about reducing the download cost of a pattern (the tax)? Perhaps charging even the half can help. For example a free pattern costs 30 GC to download and if people get 10 patterns a day, they still pay 300 coins (+the mininum cost of the pattern itself) and these very coins are hard to save if people are not participating much. There is so much advertisement on the pages that you can cut cost for the users who would feel less alienated. I mean, this is a basic economic principle: if you want more people in your business, make the conditions more ''user-friendly'', if you know what I mean. Taxes are too high but hey, your home your rules.

This is just my opinion. I don't want to disrespect anybody. I am torn between people who struggle with GC (I understand the situation!!) and the forum policy (sharing stuff).

Thanks for reading my post and wish you all a beautiful, sunny and healthy day.

ghiromi

Comments

Old topic in Free talk  Post time 2021-4-27 01:45

Rate

Number of participants 10Gold Coins +173 Collapse Reason
khaki + 10 Well said and thank you for speaking your mind!
Cyberangel73 + 3 Thank you very much!
kooda + 2 Thank you very much!
chokocat + 3 Very reasonable!!
randicat + 2 Excellent!
Puppy + 5 Very well stated
tatyanaSeigers + 15 Thank you very much!
LeeBeemz + 30 Thank you very much!
KatharinaV-NL + 100 Thank you for giving us all food for thought!
behave + 3 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2021-3-26 01:17
| Show all posts

Reply Awards +100 Gold Coins

I'll be honest, I prefer the GC earning system as is.

First off, you have the hourly task. As long as you remember to collect it several times per day, that does add up quickly.
Second, responding to others threads/diary posts. I respond to those that I like - I choose not to 'spam' every post with one ore two word platitudes.
Thirdly, whilst I have yet to post a diary thread - I do plan on posting one soon (I just have to dig up the photo folder from one of my hard drives)
And Fourth. Sharing Patterns. This can be more difficult, as you have to share ones that have yet to be shared. I have several patterns that I thought would be good to share - but someone else got there before me :'( .

With just those I mention above, it's not too difficult to earn up to 100CG per day and I'm still level 0. And the fact that I'm NOT earning a few hundred CG per day means that I keep coming back to the site, keep looking to contribute, and keep saving for patterns that interest me (even though I'll never create more than a handful of them). And that's why I like the current system, I'm encouraged to return.

Comments

I agree with you when it comes to replying posts. When I do it, is because I really like what I see, and try to give a comment that is meaningful, or at least not a COPY-PASTE for every post ;)  Post time 2021-3-27 08:48
Hello Kraydon. What you like is just the way to go: being active in the proper way! :) Agree with you as I also see this is a good behaviour to gain GC. :)  Post time 2021-3-26 18:39

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +16 Collapse Reason
tatyanaSeigers + 5 Great work!
chokocat + 3 Well said!!
ghiromi + 6 Thank you very much!
DiX + 2 Great position!

View Rating Log

Reply Support 4 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 22:34
| Show all posts

I also found several patterns that costs 500gc and that's insane! 200gc is still acceptable I guess, but 500 is too much! Especially since the daily reward is gone we need to be more active and more diligent to collect more gc

Comments

Hi fitriechen. I do agree with you - when people are struggling to gain daily GC, how can they spend so much on ONE pattern? The spirit of sharing is lost there...  Post time 2021-3-26 18:41

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason

View Rating Log

Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-4-5 19:09
| Show all posts
The point is:
pinDIY supports these prices and the greed of some members,
because
pinDIYy is an economic company and wants your coins
that is why many members now share the charts in private circles or on VK.com
The whole thing  is only about coins and business
Thats it. !!

Rate

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 22:23
| Show all posts

I believe putting a reasonable gc price on most patterns would result in more gc than putting a high price on it. With a high price, you will have members pass completely (like me) or you have to wait for them to raise enough gc to pay for the pattern. If the price is reasonable, you would sell more.

Comments

Yes, I am with you in this. It would be great if all can enjoy patterns which at the moment are off-limit for some who do not have enough coins.  Post time 2021-3-26 18:44

Rate

View Rating Log

Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 19:20
| Show all posts

Very well exposed, I usually share patterns and the truth is that charging for a 400 gc or 500 gc pattern seems an abuse to me, there are people who find it difficult to obtain GC, to obtain enough GC you have to spend a lot of time.

I have observed that some people who publish patterns put them to download at high levels, so that those who are at low levels cannot access that pattern, a little more empathy would not hurt either.

Comments

Thanks for appreciating my discussion. Yes, it is an abuse to have the power to charge 500 GC for a pattern, there is no other way to put it. :/  Post time 2021-3-26 18:47
Yes, I know. I wish we all could afford a pattern at a reasonable price...  Post time 2021-3-25 20:06

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +16 Collapse Reason
KatharinaV-NL + 10 So true.

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 19:05
| Show all posts

Since the rules changed it's more easier to get GC with bot's reply: "Very nice!" Are you sure that such bots will post their works or patterns? I have doubts.

I've got my DIY level publishing my works and patterns for a year, but I see how such bots got the same level for a month. Some of them don't even have any threads!

It's become uninteresting to me to publish anything for this reason. For what?

Comments

Oh, ok. :-)  Post time 2021-3-25 20:45
DiX
ghiromi, I do not think that they are actually bots, they just acting like bots. That's why I called them "bots"  Details Reply Post time 2021-3-25 20:15
I understand your frustration. Thanks for replying.  Post time 2021-3-25 20:10
Are you sure that all these low level users are bots? If so, this is something I haven't considered. :(  Post time 2021-3-25 20:09

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +9 Collapse Reason
chokocat + 3 Don't give up sharing!!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-4-3 02:55
| Show all posts
Thank you for your well said comments Ghiromi :) I agree with it all. I know it can be hard to collect gc and that it takes time. Those of us who have been here for a long time started at zero too so when you get new member complaining it can be a bit annoying, I understand but it still bothers when some of us have spent a lot of time and real money to contribute patterns that they are bothered they have to 'work' a little for by spending time and participating. I am sure once they are here for a bit they will see it is a pretty good deal. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and have a great day!

Rate

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-28 15:06
| Show all posts
....sorry, I'm not good using forum, I was saying that I agree with you, and I want just to add that for some people like me, new members lerning how to use the community, is more difficult to gain GC. And becouse of a lot of bugs in the site, understand the way to do becomes more difficult. I think also that some patterns prices are too higt. Thats all, sorry for my english but is not my mothertongue. Wish a nice day

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-27 08:39
| Show all posts

Very well said!!.
Another way to collaborate in this forum is using our rating gold coins. They are not coming from our own GC fund, and it is also a way to give a reward to those who post, and thus is way for us to promote sharing. I usually give those GC to the Diary forums. But my guess is that only a few usuers are giving this GC very often.
Thank you for posting this another point of view for a polite discussion.

Comments

Thanks chokocat for your feedback! :) Good point about the rating. Not many use that feature and it's a pity.  Post time 2021-3-28 03:11

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +11 Collapse Reason
tatyanaSeigers + 5 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-27 07:52
| Show all posts

Edited by Tinkerbell62 at 2021-3-27 00:53

Hi ghiromi,

like your post very much - just what I was thinking about the changes and what a member can do to earn GC.
I'm working in Homeoffice and have my private PC running as well - Hourly alarm goes on and I earn the hourly bonus. That gives me all together daily more GC than the Daily Log In :)

When I first logged into the Forum, I did it to get one special Pattern and I needed a while to afford it. But after a while I started to upload a scanned monthly magazine and scans of patterns I bought. Share it with the members and earn GC - that's the way it should be!!

Overprized patterns - NO WAY!! I just download what I like AND can afford - it's the same way I do my shopping in stores around the corner :D

Have a nice day!!!

PS: Thanks for the generous gift for my GC Valet :lol

Comments

Thanks so much for your reply Tinkerbell62. :)  Post time 2021-3-28 03:10

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
tatyanaSeigers + 4 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 18:13
| Show all posts

Great offer. I think a lot of people will support you

Rate

View Rating Log

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 19:19
| Show all posts

I agree with you.You too a very beautiful and healthy day.

Comments

Thanks a lot Caro1970! :)  Post time 2021-3-25 20:10

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 19:32
| Show all posts

Hi ghiromi
I do and I don't agree with you.
Sharing is great, participating is great, helping each other is great!
But, how many patterns does one person need? How many of those they keep in their stash ('I really like it! I'll do it later, def!') and how many of those were actually used? Surely, if someone have time to make them, they have time to 'earn' coins. Nothing is free! Either people pay for the patterns with the real money, or they spent time 'earning' coins here.
I apologise if it sounds harsh.
And yes, I'm 'boting' at the moment, that is how this site is build, posting your work and/or patterns won't earn you credits.

Comments

I agree about sharing and participating! I don't agree about taxing and people struggling to generate GC. It's like shopping, you buy what you can afford.  Post time 2021-3-25 21:31
I'm not entirely sure I understood what you meant but thanks for replying. :)  Post time 2021-3-25 20:03

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 19:48
| Show all posts

Quite true. We all have to contribute to the site for new patterns. More often users are only taking patterns and not sharing even a single pattern.
As a hobby, we surely have a lot of patterns that we own, and that we may or may not make. We can contribute.
We have to appreciate the patterns shared by others as well.

Comments

Right! This is what the point is. :)  Post time 2021-3-25 20:02

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 20:15
| Show all posts
DiX 2021-3-25 19:05
Since the rules changed it's more easier to get GC with bot's reply: "Very nice!" Are you sure that  ...

ghiromi, I do not think that they are actually bots, they just acting like bots. That's why I called them "bots"

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-25 22:04
| Show all posts

I partially agree with you and think you have some very good point.
For me the leveling system is just weird, since "spamming" is rewarded instead of real participation, like e.g. uploading a pattern, and don't even get me started with the absolutely unintuitive forum system that is still confusing me.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 05:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.170558 sec., 32 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list