| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: XStitchDoc
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Does anyone stitch from their Kindle/Android/iPad?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-8-18 02:36
| Show all posts
Edited by IamJamie at 2012-8-18 11:56

The goodnotes app is great for ipad. I can highlight and take notes with it. Here are a few screen shots from my HAED.

This is no zoom

Photo Aug 17, 2 38 07 PM.jpg

Here is slightly zoomed in, you can see I need to guy more floss :P
Photo Aug 17, 2 31 04 PM.jpg

And here is zoomed in all the way
Photo Aug 17, 2 31 24 PM.jpg

You have several different highlight colors to chose from as well as different colored "pens" to write to write with.

Comments

Wow that looks so cool ... and so much easier than juggling papers, marker pens etc. But I do have one question ... are the marks (green) permanent or can you remove then (either accidently or when co  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-18 05:48

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
Happy_Stitcher + 6 Usefull

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-18 05:48
| Show all posts
IamJamie replied at 2012-8-18 02:36
The goodnotes app is great for ipad. I can highlight and take notes with it. Here are a few screen  ...

Wow that looks so cool ... and so much easier than juggling papers, marker pens etc. But I do have one question ... are the marks (green) permanent or can you remove then (either accidently or when completed. Oh and does it work with coloured graphs too?

Comments

Yeah it's been nice that I don't have to juggle everything. Everything you write or highlight is very easily erasable. There is even a back button that undoes what you last wrote or highlighted. It  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-18 07:21

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-18 07:21
| Show all posts
dstressd replied at 2012-8-18 05:48
Wow that looks so cool ... and so much easier than juggling papers, marker pens etc. But I do have ...

Yeah it's been nice that I don't have to juggle everything. Everything you write or highlight is very easily erasable. There is even a back button that undoes what you last wrote or highlighted. It does work well with color charts. here are some screen shots of what it looks like.

I left the Tool Bar open so you can get an idea of it looks like. Also the red lines you see on the chart were added by me with the pen tool. This chart didn't have very dark grid lines. It took me about 5 min to add them.

Photo Aug 17, 7 08 14 PM.jpg

Close ups

Photo Aug 17, 7 09 14 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 17, 7 11 54 PM.jpg

Even if you came across a chart that had colors to dark for the highlighter you could always use the "pen" tool to mark your progress.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-18 08:04
| Show all posts
I do so much with my Kindle but I had no idea that it would work for my cross stitch. Thank you for all the useful information.   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-18 08:14
| Show all posts
IamJamie replied at 2012-8-18 02:22
It took a little bit of adjusting but after a day or so I find it much easier now. Probably becaus ...

Thanks for the information IamJamie.  It is good to know that the software is Mac.  I have both Mac and Windows, but do use my iMac all the time, rarely use Window now.  The guy in the shop said when we brought the iMac a couple of years ago 'Once you have had a Mac, you won't want to go back to a PC.  He was right.  We brought the iPad so they would be more compatable.  I will take a look at the software available looks very interesting, espeacially as it is so easy to zoom in and out, and at my age you need all the help you can get.

Comments

You're welcome!  Post time 2012-8-18 08:55

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-8-18 08:47
| Show all posts
Absolutely brilliant! I definitely think I'll go paperless! Thank you for all the pictures, IAmJamie!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-18 08:54
| Show all posts
yay for paperless! you are very welcome!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-19 08:10
| Show all posts
Now I want to buy an iPad!!!  Darn you all :P

Comments

You will not regret getting an iPad, I've had mine over a year and still can't put it down, best purchase ever.  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-20 01:28
Do it! Do it! Do it!  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-19 20:39

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-8-19 11:00
| Show all posts
Waterbaby- You say "enabling," I say, "Justifying!" :lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-8-19 15:36
| Show all posts
I'd settles for a piece of software that could convince my PC or Tablet that it was an iPad so I could do all these cool tricks. I'm still looking for a comparable piece of software for my tablet that is as good as goodnotes.

Comments

What kind of tablet do you have?  Details Reply Post time 2012-8-19 20:39

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 05:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053347 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list