Forgot password?
 Register
View: 561|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

This cooperative share-post-reply dynamic seems so friendly

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-8-22 23:58
| Show all posts |Read mode
Yeah, no. On other sites, I've jumped into heated arguments as a newbie and had no fear.

It took me hours to work up the nerve to start this inane thread. And I can't even BEGIN with the points/coins/privileges...

I'm sure it gets easier. Eventually.
Post time: 2017-8-26 13:23
| Show all posts
Hello Skeptomist! I started here several years ago, then went to "pink". There are good and bad on both, but I only cross stitch. I can find more cs patterns here. I hope you enjoy your time here and make many new friends!
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-6 07:34
| Show all posts

Thank you for replying. I'm so embarrassed by my initial post -- I edited a lengthy "Hi, I'm new" message so many times, I ended up entirely misrepresenting my impressions of the site: I think the posters here are AMAZINGLY appreciative,polite, supportive, and generous with both praise or assistance. I meant to express that because everyone seemed so patient and welcoming, I felt embarrassed to even try posting because I don't "get it." By contrast, if there were vitriolic posters or heated disagreements (like most online communities), I wouldn't have been nervous to post something foolish or inadvertently taboo.

But I panicked so much, I wrote something inadvertently rude, accidentally seeming to insult the people I meant to praise. *arg* I'm so sorry! Thank you for replying to me, anyways. I'm new to crafting-specific forums, so I'm not catching your "other site" references. Maybe I'll figure it out...but it sounds like I'd rather just hang out here. *smile*
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-6 08:28
| Show all posts
sundrop016

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-8-26 08:59

it will get easier, I promise you  Ther are a few people on here who are very friendly What othe ...

Thank you! My original post was so (unintentionally) rude -- completely opposite of what I meant to express and how I wanted to "introduce" myself -- yet I still get supportive replies from friendly people. This community is AMAZING!

This is my first crafting message board, but in years past, I was active in online communities for pharmaceutical professionals and technical/science writers; a low-carb dieting support group; and multiple jewelry-industry message boards. Nothing that seems like a hotbed of controversy, right? But WOW, I saw mild disagreements that escalated to vicious flame wars with dozens of participants, 1000+ posts, and grudge factions that destroyed the community (two of the jewelry sites no longer exist!) or at least drove away long-time posters.

After withdrawing from all social media & forums for several years, I'm ready to stop lurking & try participating again. *eek!*

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-6 07:15
| Show all posts
Sylvana

2017-8-23 01:36

Welcome Skeptomist, I hope you like it here, to earn coins some tips: do your task click on center,  ...

Thank you for welcoming me and giving me a short primer! I just re-read my original post and realized how negative it sounded -- and I DO NOT think the posters on this site are unfriendly or intimidating!!! If anything, this is the friendliest, most mannerly message board I've ever read.

I was feeling insecure because I didn't understand how to jump in and get involved; I felt shy, afraid of putting a foot wrong. So initially, I wrote a very long "Hi, I'm new" post...became self-conscious about the length...edited it WAY too many times...and ended up posting something unintentionally harsh or critical. I'm SO embarrassed.

Thanks for responding to such a rudely-written post. I'm so sorry.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-9-6 06:53
| Show all posts
seb0357

2017-8-26 13:23

Hello Skeptomist! I started here several years ago, then went to "pink". There are good and bad on b ...

Thank you! I found the site while looking for knit/crochet patterns, but I do a little cross stitch & needlepoint, too. (More accurately, for every embroidery project I've finished, there are 3x as many "in progress" pieces abandoned in my craft tote...some started over a decade ago. Oops!)

What do you like? Traditional or inspirational samplers? Playful puns or pop culture themes? The really complicated patterns where you combine thread colors and use 3/4 stitches?

I'm genuinely interested, not just asking to increase my post count, but if you'd rather not write a lengthy response, I'd understand.

Cheers!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-23 06:07
| Show all posts
IMHO this site is easier than the "other" site in that they allow open expression whether it be pro or con without jumping down your throat as long as one is civil.  They also don't slap your hands and penalize you if you only download 2 or 3 patterns but say thank you on many (which is a good way to earn points and advance).  This started as a cross stitch platform but has progressed to include many different crafts.  I wish more folks would share knitting :-) which is my passion although I crochet, needlepoint, and cross stitch too.  Stick around and you'll find it to be a pleasurable place to be with lots to offer.

Comments

Yes, the "pink" site, I don't think they're very nice but it may just be my experience only.  Post time 2017-8-26 10:25
i'm assuming your talking about the 4 site  Post time 2017-8-26 09:00

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-23 01:36
| Show all posts
Edited by Sylvana at 2017-8-22 18:44

Welcome Skeptomist, I hope you like it here, to earn coins some tips: do your task click on center, a avatar, verify your e-mail, then you have the every hour task 5 coins every time, give replay's on every item what you like, ask in free talk questions if you don't understand something, post your own work in finished or progressing crafts in stitch dairy. You must earn some coins, it's hard in the beginning but you can do it.!!
If you get a answer use the coffee cup for short messages, if longer the replay what you did when you post this message.
Look around take it easy in your tempo, then you will find out how it works.
Good luck.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-12 01:40
| Show all posts
I'm sending you some gold coins to help you get a better start, Skeptomist. ?Be sure to thank everyone you download a pattern from. Have fun and welcome!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-26 08:59
| Show all posts
it will get easier, I promise you  Ther are a few people on here who are very friendly What other sites were you on?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-6 10:13
| Show all posts
We are a friendly bunch here

Use magic Report

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 18:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.092155 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list