| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 3297|Reply: 39
Collapse the left

[Knitting] What kind of yarn do you prefer to knit mostly?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-8-29 01:14
| Show all posts |Read mode
I love knitting merino wool and cotton wool. Merino wool is smooth and not itchy. Also I like kasmire and alpaka silk.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-1-30 07:39
| Show all posts
I like all natural fibres if the intended use warrants it.  For example I would never knit for a baby in wool, because you are forever washing it.  I'd use acrylic because it can take the washing punishment, and not many new moms have the time to hand wash/lay flat to dry.  I know I didn't.  I appreciated wash and wear.  I know a lot of natural fibres come in 'superwash' but you still have treat them with more care.  
I like to use the appropriate fibre for the project.  I love a summer shell knit up in linnen or cotton.  A ski sweater in wool is just cuddly.

Who am I kidding;P...I love all yarn...:$:lol
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-16 05:26
| Show all posts

Fiber

Edited by DehbiK at 2017-9-16 05:29

I like to knit with many different types of yarns.  Weight-wise and lately it's been fingering weight - I've been knitting shawls.  But I also use a lot of worsted and DK weight.  Fiber content-wise I like merino, bamboo, silk, and cotton blends.  I gave up on most cashmere yarns because they are too expensive and most weights pill, which is a nuisance.  Right now I am knitting a shawl of a linen/modal blend.  It will get softer with each washing so as soon as it is off the needles, which will be in another row or two, I'll wash it!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-31 02:10
| Show all posts
I like working with cotton the most. I also like to work with cotton/acrylic blends (most 50/50 or 60/40) and bamboo blends.

I am allergic to wool (though I did play around with felting), not to mention we have a moth infestation no matter what I do or how I clean (we probably bring the moths back from the shop with produce) so I don't work with wool.

Recently I tried knitting alpaca, and boy, was it silky! But the hairs were pretty annoying when they separated from the yarn, so... I am sticking to cotton. And bamboo.

Seriously, bamboo yarn feels like silk. I am loving it. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-29 05:28
| Show all posts

It depends on what weave, but personally I like more cotton for summer clothes and wool or acrylic for winter clothes. But I think that goes in how each one weaves and the things that he likes to do

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-18 21:04
| Show all posts
My tastes in yarn are super changeable, sometimes I love rustic wool, sometimes smooth merino is just the thing. It usually comes down to animal fiber though, I'm not a fan of knitting cotton, even mixed yarns. Would love to love Holst Coast but I don't like how it behaves on the needles.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-6 14:25
| Show all posts
I too like Merino wool and silk. It all depends on what I am about to do though.
For my amigurumis I mostly use Catania cotton yarn and it's really beautiful to the touch.
Some works are better done with baby yarn which is definitely the most lovely to knit and crochet with.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-14 11:13
| Show all posts
I love merino wool and baby alpaca.  And lately, I've started using CoBaSi for summer-weight socks - it's got elastic in it, and it wears like iron.  Even my better half hasn't been able to wear holes in socks made from CoBaSi.  :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-1 15:26
| Show all posts
I like to use wool or a mix of wool and another natural fibre. I never use acrylic and I don't enjoy knitting with cotton or ramie. You can get superwash wool to use for babies. Acrylic is not nearly as good a fibre for insulation.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-9 02:38
| Show all posts
Merino and all merino blands with alpaca, silk or cashmere for winter, and for summer cotton and blands with silk, bamboo or linen.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-20 21:15
| Show all posts
А я чаще всего использую карачаевскую пряжу, дешево и сердито, и детскую новинку от "пехорки, т.к люблю большие игрушки.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-29 03:08
| Show all posts
I crochet only but my faves are same as you - merino, and cotton, and cashmere! Ahhh the touch of cashmere is just a pure bliss!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-31 04:49
| Show all posts
Wool is my favorite...nice definition.  Mercerized cotton yarn for washclothes!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-2 03:41
| Show all posts
Os fios que mais gosto de trabalhar sao 100% algodao

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-5 02:32
| Show all posts
Merino, merino mixes with silk or cashmere, alpaca

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-5 10:16
| Show all posts
I can't say that I have a favorite. I don't often get really nice yarns and when I do, I don't know what to do with them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-15 21:34
| Show all posts
sounds like expensive wool

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 17:31 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060381 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list