| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: waidaw
Collapse the left

[Knitting] What kind of yarn do you prefer to knit mostly?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2018-1-3 07:42
| Show all posts
My favorite brand of yarn is Malabrigo.  It makes my heart sing!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-9 02:38
| Show all posts
Merino and all merino blands with alpaca, silk or cashmere for winter, and for summer cotton and blands with silk, bamboo or linen.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-16 01:20
| Show all posts
With allergies, I tend to like the expensive stuff!  Silk, linen, alpaca, cotton, and blends.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-30 07:39
| Show all posts
I like all natural fibres if the intended use warrants it.  For example I would never knit for a baby in wool, because you are forever washing it.  I'd use acrylic because it can take the washing punishment, and not many new moms have the time to hand wash/lay flat to dry.  I know I didn't.  I appreciated wash and wear.  I know a lot of natural fibres come in 'superwash' but you still have treat them with more care.  
I like to use the appropriate fibre for the project.  I love a summer shell knit up in linnen or cotton.  A ski sweater in wool is just cuddly.

Who am I kidding;P...I love all yarn...:$:lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-31 02:10
| Show all posts
I like working with cotton the most. I also like to work with cotton/acrylic blends (most 50/50 or 60/40) and bamboo blends.

I am allergic to wool (though I did play around with felting), not to mention we have a moth infestation no matter what I do or how I clean (we probably bring the moths back from the shop with produce) so I don't work with wool.

Recently I tried knitting alpaca, and boy, was it silky! But the hairs were pretty annoying when they separated from the yarn, so... I am sticking to cotton. And bamboo.

Seriously, bamboo yarn feels like silk. I am loving it. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-2-17 23:45
| Show all posts

I love cotton,I do not like acrylic

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-29 05:28
| Show all posts

It depends on what weave, but personally I like more cotton for summer clothes and wool or acrylic for winter clothes. But I think that goes in how each one weaves and the things that he likes to do

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-1 15:26
| Show all posts
I like to use wool or a mix of wool and another natural fibre. I never use acrylic and I don't enjoy knitting with cotton or ramie. You can get superwash wool to use for babies. Acrylic is not nearly as good a fibre for insulation.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-1 21:33
| Show all posts
I love to knit from cotton

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-4-4 06:40
| Show all posts
I also like to work with cotton/acrylic blends

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 13:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.043221 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list