| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 4723|Reply: 76
Collapse the left

[Knitting] Do You Prefer Circular Needles or DPNs?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2017-12-15 12:19
| Show all posts |Read mode
For knitting hats and other circular things, what kind of needles do you prefer, circular or dpns?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-1-20 04:31
| Show all posts
I prefer circulars.  If I use dpns, they always fall off my stitches, so I end up having to pick up stitches, even if I use something, like an elastic, to stopper the ends.  I now do everything that I can 2 at a time, like sleeves and socks in magic loop.  That way if I make a mistake, its done on both so they are the same, and it turns into a "design feature" instead of a mistake.  It also less noticible.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-3 08:59
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-3 07:40
| Show all posts
JoanneClark

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-12-20 05:44

Only circulars ~ I keep a set of the longest ones I can find and use them for everything ❤

I like that idea!  I probably need to get some longer cords because I've decided to learn magic loop this year.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-3 06:53
| Show all posts
I use 2 circulars for nearly everything in the round, though I do use both DPNs and the new Addi FlexiFlips for sock gussets and the thumbs and fingers on mittens and gloves.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-4 05:58
| Show all posts
I use circular needles unless I am making socks.  I make hats and use a 16" circular for those, but I like dpn's for socks, which I don't use very often.  When I use dpn's, I make sure to move a few stitches to an adjacent needle making for a bit of a rotation so that there is no obvious (though slight) vertical gauge change line where I changed needles. I hope that makes sense. Not necessary to do that if you tighten up a little as you change needles, working your way around the tube, but that's kind of annoying to have to do.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-3 07:37
| Show all posts
barbaracs

2017-12-31 08:45

I also use circulars with magic loop method. I could not get used to dpn's, however a friend knits w ...

YESSS!!  I know what you mean!  I see friends doing amazing things with dpns, but I feel so awkward.  I just use them when my circle gets so small that I have to switch because either my other circs in that size are occupied or I don't feel like getting up to find the appropriate size circ or that's what I have or whatever else I can come up with... :P

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-3 07:33
| Show all posts
Black_Cats

2018-1-2 07:31

Circulars. I use magic loop and really it's magic!

I haven't learned or used magic loop.  In fact, a long time ago, I bought a US 1 40" (I believe) for socks.  I never used it, so I ended up giving it to a friend that wanted to learn magic loop for socks.  Now, 4.5 years later, I want to sit down and learn magic loop and try to knit some socks.  Go figure!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-3 07:30
| Show all posts
GreenWeaver

2018-1-2 14:53

I use 2 circulars for nearly everything in the round, though I do use both DPNs and the new Addi Fle ...

I haven't tried the new flexiflips, but I want to.  I've always used 2 circs and I feel almost like I'm fumbling with dpns when I have to use them.  Dpns are definitely not my go to...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-1-3 07:28
| Show all posts
bevcustom

2017-12-28 14:48

I prefer the circular needles. I get ladders using the dpn's.  I usually use the magic loop method.

Not only do I get ladders with dpns, my gauge is much tighter, too.  I think it's because I'm trying to prevent ladders and trying to keep my needles from slipping out of my work.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-20 21:44
| Show all posts
Only circulars ~ I keep a set of the longest ones I can find and use them for everything ❤

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-21 11:27
| Show all posts
circular~ i use magic loop~

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-23 21:25
| Show all posts
I also prefer circular needles - I use it for everything - Much better for my shoulders and back

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-28 21:05
| Show all posts
Only circulars

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-12-29 06:48
| Show all posts
I prefer the circular needles. I get ladders using the dpn's.  I usually use the magic loop method.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-1 00:45
| Show all posts
I also use circulars with magic loop method. I could not get used to dpn's, however a friend knits with dpn's and she does lovely work and does not like circulars so I suppose its what you are used to.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-2 23:31
| Show all posts
Circulars. I use magic loop and really it's magic!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 14:40 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054779 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list