Forgot password?
 Register
Author: doris
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Large pieces

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-7-31 14:48
| Show all posts
I use my qsnaps with a floor stand.  Flirti's tip about putting a pillow under your elbow is excellent!  I keep pillows under both of my elbows since I stitch with 2 hands.

Instead of just making one working copy, I make several of the same page but I blow them up pretty big.  Then I cut it into quarters and attach it right to the fabric with a magnet.  This way it's much easier on my eyes and I'm not covering up a large area of the fabric with the chart.

Good luck with your project!  It's going to be beautiful:)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-31 18:31
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-27 18:57
| Show all posts
I grid my fabric and then start top left corner.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-13 23:58
| Show all posts
I grid my fabric and work from center out, old habit, usually center to rt quad then upper left quad the lower left, lower right. habit

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-12-8 13:25
| Show all posts
I never grid my fabric, large or small pieces. I always start at the top right hand corner and slowly work down to the left hand lower corner. That way I avoid touching the finished stitches. This works for me.. Everyone is different, you have to decide what works best for you..
I don't use hoops or frames..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-3-28 15:57
| Show all posts
I just find the middle of the chart, the middle of the fabric and work from there.  I don't do grids as I find them timeconsuming.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-1 12:04
| Show all posts
Well, I start on the right corner below because I stitch from the right to the left side. I stitch one square to the next cause its a lot easier. and i use a marker to mark where i last left off.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-4-2 10:32
| Show all posts
I stitch in hand most of the time,  I roll up the fabric from left to right, or from the top down and use a sewing type stitch, with my right hand staying on top of the fabric.  Occasionally, I will use a Q-Snap frame but overall I prefer to use nothing but my left hand to hold the fabric.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-25 10:51
| Show all posts
my haeds Im working on I stitch in hand and for smaller projects a q snap

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-6 09:43
| Show all posts
thanks for all the great ideas

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-11 06:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.031878 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list