Forgot password?
 Register
View: 436|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

Same price for all patterns?

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2018-6-29 06:38 |Read mode
I am confused as to why most patterns have recently been given the same very high price regardless of what the patter is for. Not really in the spirit of sharing and seriously disappoiting.

Comments

Old topic in free talk  Post time 2018-8-3 06:31

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-6-29 08:20
| Show all posts

completely according to your appreciation. I see that there is no criterion, each one puts the price they want and they have no relation. But hey, it's an almost game page and it's not real money. Although I understand that the spirit of sharing is lost a little when people put very high prices

Comments

PBJ
Yes it is.  Post time 2018-6-30 17:24
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-29 09:02
| Show all posts
don't forget the commission that the pindiy receives went from 10% to 30% for each download
I mean... for exemple, in the past.... not too far... i upload a pattern and the price was 100... 10 was to pindiy and 90 was for me
now if i upload a pattern and the price is 100 gold coins... i only receive 70 gold coin instead 90

So i think that's why the price's are so inflated

Comments

PBJ
I had not considered that - thanks for pointing it out.  Post time 2018-6-30 17:24

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-29 09:05
| Show all posts
I know this is a sharing site and I agree that prices should be lower, but lowering what you get for each download does not foster the sharing spirit
I don't know if you know what I mean ...

Comments

PBJ
I know what you mean.  Post time 2018-6-30 17:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-29 13:20
| Show all posts
PBJ, the point is, money (coins) rules the world

Comments

PBJ
I know, I know, I was having a small moment of hope... no worries, it has passed!  Post time 2018-6-30 17:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-6-30 07:35
| Show all posts
And at last, I get all the patterns for free. Otherwise I could not have paid for them. Never in million years of saving!!!

Comments

Patterns are free here not like in the real world with real money. That is what this means.  Post time 2018-7-3 01:24
PBJ
I don't understand what you mean?  Post time 2018-6-30 17:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-2 15:57
| Show all posts
Edited by AMW at 2018-7-2 09:00

Actually, the site does have vested interest in increasing prices in several ways. First, the more you have to be on the site to earn coins, that activity benefits the site. So it is their interest to make members need coins and so encourage the the increase in prices. The second is that more members are likely to buy coins (still cheaper to get patterns here) the higher prices go, helping to fund the forum.
Neither of these things are bad in of themselves, and we all have an interest that the site remains and has funds to function. But I'm not sure that the constant increase in price is the wisest way to do it. There are other ways to get the same results.
For those of you who have been comparing this to a game, well let's think how this game will play out. Since the ways of earning GC are limited to hourly task (which don't increase), activity (limited amount anyone person can do a day= earn), and the prices for uploads which are increasing, it naturally follows that as the prices keep increasing, people will have to keep increasing their prices in response. This is because prices are already getting past what the other ways of earning GC can cover (100 GC price can be a 2-3 day with activity pattern). So prices will keep rising and rising, until at some point they have become ridiculous, and no one wants to play any more, Game Over. And even before then people will quit because it isn't fun. Games are fun, rat races for coins are not.

Comments

The rules are that the patterns can go as high as 999 coing which I think is ridiculous. I have the points and I won't pay ridiculous prices. People have become very selfish.  Post time 2018-7-17 07:41
what is the sites vested interest in higher priced patterns?  Post time 2018-7-17 07:39
PBJ
Very true, there will be a amount that no one will want to give for a pattern. Greed is not a pretty color on anyone!  Post time 2018-7-4 02:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-2 19:51
| Show all posts
i noticed this too.. but in saying that, i have now put higher value on patterns i have shared too in response. That is just how these kind of marketplaces work. Pattern designers are upping their prices, so when a pattern is then shared, ppl ask for more coins because they paid more.. then the forum takes a bigger cut, so that means that posters will add those back on for their next round of uploads. It is the same problem with the user groups..it is relatively hard to work up your usergroup.. only way is to participate (a lot) in the forum, upload and hope you get ratings. It is meant to be fun, but it sure does feel like a full time job sometimes :D though i have a lot of coins stashed away, so i dont mind spreading the love a little by hiding red envelopes and i dont mind paying for the patterns.

Comments

ths site has changed tremendously and not for the good. They are ruining it for everyone.  Post time 2018-7-17 07:45
the reason people are upping their prices is because one person started doing this and everyone followed suit. I won't buy from people like that, its not nice. This is suppose to be a sharing site,  Post time 2018-7-17 07:44

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-3 04:49
| Show all posts
Very interesting read, thank you for bringing this up! It does make me wonder though - where/what do the coins go to that is taxed off each sale? I understand it goes back to pindiy, but what for? Sorry if this is a dense question, it is something I had thought about previously but didn't think it warranted it's own thread ;P

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-3 19:26
| Show all posts
think of the forum as "the central bank", the coins work pretty much as any real currency does. There are only so many notes and coins of currency that are printed/minted, the same goes for our gold coins here. So, the "tax" goes back to the "central bank" to be paid out to us via tasks and contributions. It is quite a clever thing and fascinating topic when you start to think about it.

Comments

PBJ
It is! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I just get fed up when I see a simple small pattern charged the same as a more complicated popular one.  Post time 2018-7-4 02:31

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-10 02:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.118861 sec., 26 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list