| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: SallySue
Collapse the left

Should there be a limit on what you can charge for a pattern?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2020-3-12 07:10
| Show all posts
A lot of prices are way too high.  I don't download very much at ALL b/c of it.  There's many patterns I'd love to have, but then I see the price, and I'm afraid to get it b/c something I like more might come up.   There should be a limit and it should be low.  The worst part is, someone else can't upload the same pattern for a lower price to compete!

Comments

You have a good point about someone else not being able to download the same pattern at a lower cost.  Post time 2020-3-12 22:43

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-12 07:21
| Show all posts
I can't afford patterns asking for over 100 GC because I have only 600+ in hand.  I hope a limit will set for different levels of readers.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2020-3-12 22:46
| Show all posts

I agree.  I have enough coins to download things but I won't when the price is excessive.  I was going to download a pattern but the total cost for getting all the sections would have been over 1000 coins.  I went on line and spent real money to buy the paper copy instead.  I just couldn't support that level of greed.

Comments

I've done the same thing (bought a pattern with $ because poster asked too much)! Gold coins on here are precious for those of us that haven't been on here very long. I just really don't like greed!!  Post time 2020-4-2 19:06
Love that you spent real money on principal, you go girl!!  Post time 2020-3-15 04:32
Yes I did! I know it's kind of silly but it only cost me $5 and that seamed more reasonable than giving into price gouging on the forum! The things we do for a principle!  Post time 2020-3-13 05:29
Really spent real money? That's cool !!  Post time 2020-3-13 04:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-15 04:39
| Show all posts
I agree that the prices are getting crazy! Just look at the repaints you already have to pay 199gc to the board which I don't understand. The poster is the one that did the work to make the repaint and the file is tiny, so why that is so much higher than regular files I have no idea :Q  If members make charges smaller maybe other won't charge crazy amounts so everyone can afford things is a reasonable amount of time and we can all be happy. If you charge less more people will download and you make more.. ta-da! ;P The board has a limit of 10gc for free designs, maybe a limit on other files would be a good idea.. I would like it :)

Comments

I think the board needs to set a limit. It would be nice if people would self regulate and be reasonable with their charges but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Post time 2020-3-15 21:17

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-15 21:17
| Show all posts
Yes I do agree I think it should be lower

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-16 21:16
| Show all posts
I agree. Some points others charge in all forums are excessive. Some are very reasonable, though. Lower prices actually give better returns.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-18 18:04
| Show all posts
The person, who uploaded a pattern, may set any price they prefer. Anyway, it's not so easy to scan or what ever they do with the pattern.

And it's only my decision to pay for this pattern or no. Yes, I'm limited with patterns I can download. But I do "pay" if I really need this pattern, I will embroider (sew, etc) it.

But if I only need it in my "pantry" on my PC, sure, I do not download.

Comments

Scanning something isn't difficult or time consuming.  Post time 2020-3-18 21:27
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-19 12:07
| Show all posts
@SallySue To scan something means that the person should buy patterns for real money, then buy the scanner for real money. And after that they couldn't get virtual coins they expected? For me, personally, really difficult to scan, then to edit or even make repaint. I did repaints, I know how much time I spent doing this. Hours! And I appreciate if somebody did this for me.

If it's not difficult or time consuming, looking forward to see new patterns or repaints from you for free soon.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-20 02:00
| Show all posts
TheKnitter

Login/Register to enlarge
2020-3-10 18:44

No matter how much I want the pattern if I think the price is too high I just won't download it.  Th ...

I totally agree, but I also think the moderstors should do somethingabout this. Its been going on way too long.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-3-23 04:52
| Show all posts
Yes. Some of the coin charges are very high

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-10 17:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080436 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list