amara Publish time 2011-7-18 13:21

Hi i organize mine by theme and type but everyone has great ideas

zeemeermin Publish time 2011-7-24 17:15

leaflets are in curver boxes under my bed, no system there except for my own lol.
charts stored on computer by subject.
i don't have that many, as my taste changes reguraly and i rather hoard aida & threads

Biddy Publish time 2011-8-2 09:31

I have a few saved on my computer but mostly I have hard copies which I just keep in a couple of plastic crates. The ones that I have printed off I keep together in a plastic sleeve. They are in no particular order as I quite enjoy just fossicking through them all!

atenea Publish time 2011-8-4 04:40

I use folders with the designer´s name

mathurin Publish time 2011-9-20 05:10

sorting by subject can make patterns hard to find, I first sort by designer or book or mag name, then cross ref to subjects, it helps keep me organized and I can find paterns very quickly

stitch_mage Publish time 2011-10-10 14:12

LoL! I came upon this post at first thinking "Does nobody buy hard copies anymore?". :) I keep my soft copies in my external. Folders separated by Designer then subfolders of the books/magazines. But if I don't know who designed them, I put them in categories. I find the following categories useful:
Animals (land/water/air), People, Floral and Fauna, Fantasy (mermaids, fairies, dragons, angels, wizards, miscellaneous), Land and Seascape, Wisdom and Sayings, Humor, Occasions, Houses and Homestuff, Popular cartoon/characters, Food, Christmas

As for my hardcopies...Books are in a tall pile as of now on my shelf. Leaflets and booklets are in clear books. :D

talisa Publish time 2011-10-18 04:57

I organized my hard copy in Folder under the name of designer.

My soft copy I organized on a external harddisc. There I have two folder.
In the first I put all patterns inside like "Designer Name - Pattern Name).
In the second folder I have only the pics from the patterns, organized in categorys like Christmas etc. . And the pics have the same name like the folder where the patterns inside.
So when I´m searching a pattern I looking first the pics and after find easerly the pattern.

Maybe I wrote a bit complicated, but really, it´s an easy system. Just few more works in first time to organize. But very organized. I love that!!! :D

Cheers,
talisa

hunny2thebes2 Publish time 2011-12-11 18:57

I organise my patterns by theme and genre,
Eg: Couple, Animals, Group, Objects...ect
Then some times regroup them, like for animals: Bears, Bunnys...ect
And then with the file name i change it so that it has the maker and patt number with a small description
Eg:SODA_so-354
It might take a while but listing with descriptions is faster than having to remember them.

Willow Publish time 2011-12-13 14:21

Reply 26# pandawitch

I have so many "hard copy patterns" originals of course and magazines. Keep them safe in filing/flat boxes under subject name.Easier to find that way.

Need to find a quiet time/s to sort my patterns on disks. But to find a pattern, I can search by name or designer.Works for me. Just won't live enough life times to stitch them all. lol

WiseOwl Publish time 2011-12-13 15:24

I keep my " hard copy charts" in a filing drawer.. The others are stored on the computer, but this is a bit of a shambles at the moment.. I backup all my computer files on an external hard drive. I just need to spend a bit of time sorting it all out..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
View full version: How do you organize your patterns?