dmcjms Publish time 2014-7-3 04:40

Thimble-its?

My sister (who quilts) was telling me about a type of "thimble" she used to use that was really nothing more than a sticky pad you attached to your finger to keep the needle from poking through the skin. It sounds like just the thing for me, since I seem to always get a sore middle finger on my dominant hand from cross stitching. Has anyone tried these? Any success?

karriboo Publish time 2014-7-3 06:16

I have! I didn't really care for them and had a hard time getting used to them and though they were in the way more than they helped. Give them a try and see if they help you. I know very well what your describing. I try not to poke the needle in the same area if that finger when possible. That helps a lot too. Good luck

Elyariete Publish time 2014-7-3 07:07

My mother uses the insulatingtape (the one used by electricians); she puts a piece in the finger and reuse it multiple times. When the tape is broken or doesn't stick, she takes another piece.
It 's very cheap!:)

Elyariete Publish time 2014-7-4 14:58

Yes, I don't know how is usually called , but yes usually it's black,.In some stores you can find it white or grey, and my mother prefers these colors, but she uses also black one.

dmcjms Publish time 2015-3-7 20:57

I bought some; the problem I've had is that they don't really stick very well. I guess the finger I'm sticking isn't my thumb (it's my middle finger) so the shape makes them hard to adhere to the skin.

I've found using a Band-Aid works better.

hdtrike Publish time 2015-3-11 02:58

Interesting!I hadn't thought about using tape around the finger, but do experience some soreness from time to time.

Veronik Publish time 2015-3-25 01:43

I hate thimble but when I do embridery white work its necessary

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 03:57

Following this thread

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-8 02:52

Thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]
View full version: Thimble-its?