Forgot password?
 Register
View: 543|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Thimble-its?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-7-3 04:40
| Show all posts |Read mode
My sister (who quilts) was telling me about a type of "thimble" she used to use that was really nothing more than a sticky pad you attached to your finger to keep the needle from poking through the skin. It sounds like just the thing for me, since I seem to always get a sore middle finger on my dominant hand from cross stitching. Has anyone tried these? Any success?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2014-7-3 06:16
| Show all posts
I have! I didn't really care for them and had a hard time getting used to them and though they were in the way more than they helped. Give them a try and see if they help you. I know very well what your describing. I try not to poke the needle in the same area if that finger when possible. That helps a lot too. Good luck
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-3 07:07
| Show all posts
My mother uses the insulating  tape (the one used by electricians); she puts a piece in the finger and reuse it multiple times. When the tape is broken or doesn't stick, she takes another piece.
It 's very cheap!:)

Comments

That's a clever idea! Do you mean the black tape? I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing.  Post time 2014-7-3 09:20

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-4 14:58
| Show all posts
Yes, I don't know how is usually called , but yes usually it's black,.  In some stores you can find it white or grey, and my mother prefers these colors, but she uses also black one.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-3-7 20:57
| Show all posts
I bought some; the problem I've had is that they don't really stick very well. I guess the finger I'm sticking isn't my thumb (it's my middle finger) so the shape makes them hard to adhere to the skin.

I've found using a Band-Aid works better.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-11 02:58
| Show all posts
Interesting!  I hadn't thought about using tape around the finger, but do experience some soreness from time to time.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-25 01:43
| Show all posts
I hate thimble but when I do embridery white work its necessary

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 03:57
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 02:52
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 04:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062055 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list