qoe2u Publish time 2011-11-4 02:02

Dangling Fabric - How to stitch larger projects?

I stitch using Q-Snap frames and have found when working on large projects (HAED) I have so much dangling fabric, stitching becomes difficult.

How do you reduce or manage the dangling fabric?

I have tried rolling it up and trying to clip it unsuccessfully, rolling it and holding it with my hand, even using hair clips, but nothing seems to help.

Should I try those grime guard covers, do they really work?

What do YOU do?

I am so frustrated!!

ANY suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.:):):)

beckysbiz Publish time 2018-7-31 05:59

I have made myself some Q snap covers and they are amazing.I want to make more. They are easier to make than you would probably think so give that a go if you want.

diystuff Publish time 2018-10-14 07:12

I use a scroll frame and a floor stand.I don't know how people stitch while holding the hoop/frame.I want both my hands for my stitching.

DinaraAuba Publish time 2020-6-24 04:03

I stitch my big projects on very comfortable stitch frame from Serega-Master, it is very stable and Can hold different sizes of frames But still very easy

manolimu Publish time 2023-9-4 01:22

Following this thread

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 10:19

Following this thread

sallyrose Publish time 2011-11-4 02:18

I use a scroll frame so excess fabric is not a bother for me.
I have read that some people use a pillowcase to hold the extra fabric
to keep it clean.

sweetpea Publish time 2011-11-4 02:40

how about using a Qsnap cover? it helps a lot, the excess fabric can be covered and clean too and you can make it your self if you want

urmel Publish time 2011-11-4 05:14

Like sallyrose, I use a scroll frame for big projects and wooden hoops for smaller ones. I've never tried to stitch with Q-Snaps.
But the idea of Jenjen looks quite good. I guess that will be also a solution for protecting fabric when using hoops.
Thank you Jenjen, I'll try it next time! :D

sweetpea Publish time 2011-11-5 02:24

Like sallyrose, I use a scroll frame for big projects and wooden hoops for smaller ones. I've never...
urmel Post at 11-4-2011 05:14 //www.pindiy.com/images/common/back.gif

you are very welcome urmel :)

BarbraStreisand Publish time 2011-11-26 04:46

Rolling the fabric then safety pinning the outer edges works for me.However, for most projects I prefer scroll frames and my floor stand.

WiseOwl Publish time 2011-11-27 15:49

I used to use a scroll frame for all my large projects... Then For some reason, I don't know why, I got into the habit of stitching without it. Now I don't use anything and I am quite comfortable stitching this way. I guess everyone has to find the way that works best for them... Good luck..

xsmom214 Publish time 2011-12-8 13:36

I have the best luck with large hair clamps.Since they don't work for you, I'd try the covers.I've been wanting to make some for myself but I haven't gotten around to it.

HollyBlue Publish time 2012-2-2 05:51

I use a scroll frame for large material and clip together frames for smaller ones.I did try buncing up excess fabric on the clip together frames but it's much easier to have it rolled up out of the way properly on a scroll frame.

druidique Publish time 2012-2-2 19:15

I too use a scroll frame, but I have heard from several Qsnap users that those covers work very well
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Dangling Fabric - How to stitch larger projects?