Forgot password?
 Register
Author: lydiya
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] how to stitch quick?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-18 08:38
| Show all posts
wonderful info!! I do most of what is mentioned as well. I isolate a section, pick a color and do all of it. Then I park my work in the next section where the next stitch will be going. Going fast, I have played with this idea for years and I figured fast means either seeing results very quickly or getting as much work done as humanly possible. So if you are going for definition one, work on the areas that will give you instant gratification or something that will pop very quickly. That means no background work until the end. The second way to approach fast means to be organized. So that means to have a system when doing your work. Parking, isolating areas, works for me. I usually work 400 stitches at a time, never working on boring stuff until the end. It goes really fast for me but I work on crochet and knitting as well so I don't give cross stitch my undivided attention like some do. Hope the advice helps and good luck!! :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-21 19:58
| Show all posts
stitching with to hands helps

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-21 21:25
| Show all posts
I use many needles, and do gridding before I start to stitch. Usually try to stitch as many stitches with a color as I can (in the centre, where I began, not far away areas) then switch to the next convenient color. This way I don't need to count too much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-1 00:46
| Show all posts
I have been stitching much faster since I got a lap stand. Now I use two hands so it goes faster. I also can stitch longer because my hand doesn't cramp from holding the frame.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-4 09:06
| Show all posts
I think just stich stitch as much as you can whwnever you have time..

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-10 02:59
| Show all posts
I use the multiple needles threaded with all the colors.  I hate to stop and thread a needle.  I also listen to audio books and hate getting phone calls from salesmen.  I need to use my answering machine more often...
I'm going to try the grid technique on my victorian house as I am lousy at counting.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-17 12:56
| Show all posts
Sounds like there are many ways to go faster.  Mine are to thread many needles, park them in the floss bag...(so I don't use the wrong shade by mistake...ask me how I know that?) Have a big glass of water nearby (I always get thirsty) and lots of music to listen to.;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-22 03:33
| Show all posts
Yo no puedo usar muchas agujas porque me llevo la labor cada día cuando voy a ver a mi madre y me ocuparía mucho espacio, ni siquiera uso bastidor porque no podría tener los brazos levantados, aun así disfruto mucho con el punto de cruz aunque no baya deprisa da igual, lo importante es divertirme

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:09
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-8-4 16:00
| Show all posts
I like to stick embroidery, starting from the bottom left corner, a thread is used up and then choose the next stick color to embroider, so that my lattice is more beautiful. At the same time, I will listen to some audio novels or play the TV series I like but have watched as the BGM, which will not distract me

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 21:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.048531 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list