Forgot password?
 Register
View: 925|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Fabric too short

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-12-5 01:00
| Show all posts |Read mode
I made a mistake... I cut my fabric too short and only realised it when the stitching was well advanced. I have now all of the design stitched, but I'm missing an outer border (it's an alphabet). I could still stitch it, but there would be just about 1.5 cm left of fabric for the framing, which I'm afraid it may leave the stitching too close to the frame. I could also add some read fabric to make some extra space before the frame, but I'm not sure... What would you do? Do you have any other idea? Help!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2012-12-5 01:30
| Show all posts
Hi, I had the same problem as you twice. I didn't stop. My problem I solved doing this: cut another fabric the size you will need to complete the stitch (like a large band) and then you put the 'band fabric' on top of your work and continues embroidery but the next rows will be stitched on top of two fabrics. I stitched around 10 rowns (about 2cm) in two fabrics and because the patterns was full pattern (without open space on the fabric) was perfect on the finished result. My second time the pattern was open stitch on the graphic and I stitch until the end but give me 1cm on the edges. Then on the last 2 rows of the fabric again I stitched 3 rows of frame all around the pattern with two fabric in on side (one with the original fabric and the other band fabric) and then I had enough fabric to frame.May be is good idea to help you. Try on small fabric (two small lol) stitching and see how is going and if is will be ok on your project in question. Good luck!!! :P
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-12-5 02:53
| Show all posts
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, Megy! I hadn't though of the two-layers of fabric solution :o It could actually work. My pattern has open spaces, but I could do what you did in your second solution and stitch a red band all over around (similar to what I was thinking of the extra red fabric). I'm going to try this on a small piece of fabric and see what happens. I'll let you know what I finally do! Thanks agains :loveliness:

Comments

you are welcome and I hope ii's working to help your project!  Post time 2012-12-5 06:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-2 21:58
| Show all posts
I hope you can fix it !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-2 22:46
| Show all posts
I've actually done this before, I think a lot of stitchers have, and I did what Megy suggested and you would never know.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-12 02:53
| Show all posts
thank you! my friend uses to attach a piece of canvas "hole to hole and square to square", facial portion looks perfect and only some scar on the back part.

I suggest it is better to take a marker and paint a grid before starting a project :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 23:12
| Show all posts
I have also done this before.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 02:21
| Show all posts
I would add fabric to the edge and when I frame it arrange the mat so the added fabric doesn't show

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:03
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 12:18 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045765 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list