| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 1475|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Is anyone ever using glitter?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-12-27 11:26
| Show all posts |Read mode
I just wonder to know "is anyone ever using glitter for the cross stitch?".

I want to make my cross stitch work "blink" so i want to put glitter in that. But i'm very afraid the result is not good. Maybe stitcher in this site have ever done with glitter? just let me know
Thanks

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2020-2-8 01:15
| Show all posts
I would try the Dmc light effects.  Use shorter lengths than you would usually use for regular floss.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:04
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 06:43
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-27 13:32
| Show all posts
Why not try to use glitter aida instead? It's easier and the result is undoubtedly good. :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-27 21:12
| Show all posts
I never used glitter, but I have painted the area to be stitched with glitter paint then stitched over it, it was ok but not as bright as I would have liked. A better option is to add metallic thread which gives it some shimmer and is clearly in the stitches.  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-12-31 09:52
| Show all posts
using metallic floss so difficult to stitch. i'll try glitter but some people say i must glue on it first. If we used the aida gliiter just background is shiny or blink. i want my stitch like "gold or coin" to be shining.......:)
Is any idea what we must put on it so it can be shine?

Chaisen LE-37A2D.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-12-31 17:18
| Show all posts

There is a new DMC floss - diamant-metallics - have a look at "sewandso" :)

Comments

Really? i must check it....thanks a lot. That's why I'd love this site...can sharing idea and tips.  Details Reply Post time 2013-1-2 11:03

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-1-2 11:03
| Show all posts

Really? i must check it....thanks a lot. That's why I'd love this site...can sharing idea and tips.:loveliness:

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-2 15:31
| Show all posts
Thank you for making me aware of the dmc thread, have to have a look. I also thought there must be an easier way than kreinik

Comments

Agree with you that kreinik # 4 tends to break. Have not tried dmc light effects though. Would thread wax work as well as thread heaven ?  Details Reply Post time 2013-1-2 17:34

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-2 17:14
| Show all posts
I read about the new thread, have not bought it myself - yet - still using the vast amount of "old" gold and silver I have - using thread heaven because it is a pain to work with - but definitely going to buy and try the new thread in future:)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-1-2 17:24
| Show all posts
Ussually i combined the thread yellow and metallic....but the result is not good.:Q

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-2 17:34
| Show all posts
Philomena replied at 2013-1-2 07:31
Thank you for making me aware of the dmc thread, have to have a look. I also thought there must be a ...

Agree with you that kreinik # 4 tends to break.  Have not tried dmc light effects though.  Would thread wax work as well as thread heaven ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-27 23:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.055958 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list