Register
Search
Author: raven
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Tips: Linen

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-9-10 06:55
| Show all posts
You can use a water soluable fabric stabilizer on the back.  Prepare your fabric, find the dominate weave for top to bottom, decide on which side will be the front, press on the stabilizer ( there are some spray on stabilizers but the wear of in high use or rub places) then use your hoop or frame to stretch comfortably with out overstretching, but you'll be more stable with the backing. and when you are done soak off the stabilizer and pat dry or dry flat. Careful of some non-color fast threads bleeding though.
hope that helps.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-10 07:00
| Show all posts
You can use a water soluable fabric stabilizer on the back.  Prepare your fabric, find the dominate weave for top to bottom, decide on which side will be the front, press on the stabilizer ( there are some spray on stabilizers but the wear of in high use or rub places) then use your hoop or frame to stretch comfortably with out overstretching, but you'll be more stable with the backing. and when you are done soak off the stabilizer and pat dry or dry flat. Careful of some non-color fast threads bleeding though.
hope that helps.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-12 00:52
| Show all posts
Sulky has several weights. found in fabric stores for machine embroidery. you'll have to decide which you feel comfortable with.  Try on small sample, may feel awkward at first but the results will let you decide which works best for your needs.  I had used the iron on that stays for little designs on t-shirts and one-zies.  it lasts through washings, and has held up well.  if the item is just to be framed it may not need washing out at all, if you like the result of the finished project. happy stitching!  hope this helps
G

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-11-9 01:52
| Show all posts
I tend to just hold my linen when stitching.  Linen "grows", so I don't do anything to pull on it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-25 01:59
| Show all posts
I stitch with a hoop because Isitche 1/1 Its more beautiful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-3 22:10
| Show all posts
I use a stiff fabric linen called Theiffry. It comes in 30, 35 & 40 counts. It is a french linen and is cheaper then Zweigart. I use this for ornaments, handbags, pouches, etc. because it holds up so well. I would not use a ring for this fabric. I use a scroll frame. I get this linen at Cathbroderie or lecomptoirdesfees online. It is only 35 Euros a meter so it is so much less expensive then Zweigart and I love it so much. I am not sure what you are doing wrong with the stitches but it just takes practice.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-2-13 20:07
| Show all posts
nice~~~`............

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-1-11 01:32
| Show all posts
With linen I stitch with a hoop I think it's easier to do regul

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-7 00:30
| Show all posts
I prefer evenweave to linen.  The irregular thread thickness's drive me crazy

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-16 16:31
| Show all posts
Very Nice!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 13:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051362 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list