Forgot password?
 Register
Author: bs.frog
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Thread conditioning

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2013-3-20 07:20
| Show all posts

I am sorry mush-mush (cute name) I should have mentioned what the advantage is...

Not only does it make your thread smooth, so they glide nicely thru your material, your threads and material smell great too. I hope this was more helpful :)

Comments

My stitching is pretty weird I never used hoops or frames... never washed my finished works, just ironed them Here in Israel stitching is not common activity at all so somehow I learned it mysel  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-20 07:28

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-20 07:28
| Show all posts
bs.frog replied at 2013-3-19 23:20
I am sorry mush-mush (cute name) I should have mentioned what the advantage is...

Not only does i ...

My stitching is pretty weird :) I never used hoops or frames... never washed my finished works, just ironed them :)
Here in Israel stitching is not common activity at all so somehow I learned it myself and doing it since I am 8 (now I am nearly 26).
I (and others) thinks that my works are amazing :) I just uploaded some new finishes today, you can see them in "Finished Crafts" in "Stitch Together" here :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-21 02:19
| Show all posts
not too weird, my sister doesn't use hoops (maybe once because I was annoying her about it;P) or frames. I have never washed any of my finished works, just iron like you :)

going to go see your finishes :loveliness: happy stitches

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-13 16:23
| Show all posts
Interesting idea - I've never heard of that before.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-15 13:29
| Show all posts
Drea66 replied at 2013-3-6 13:19
I have been doing that for a long time. I just get a box of sheets at the dollar store and cut them  ...

Now that's a very good idea, I shall have to give that a try, does it not damage your thread, like rotting it after many years.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-16 23:10
| Show all posts
I'm going to give this a try, thanks.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 22:14
| Show all posts
I have this product that I bought in a blue box but there knew the purpose of conditioning the floss. I wll try and do that as I find I often get knots in my floss because of twisting.
Hope that helps.
Thanks,

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-24 23:10
| Show all posts
I use 'Thread Heaven' which is a preparatory brand - much more expensive than the ideas given, when this pot runs out I will definitely give them a try!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-8 02:19
| Show all posts
I hate to put anything on my thread, I don't know if it will cause the work to deteriorate over time

Comments

I have never had or heard of any deterioration and I have been using dryer sheets and thread heaven thread conditioner for over 30 years. Hope that makes you feel better to maybe give it a try :)  Post time 2020-2-8 03:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 08:33
| Show all posts
I haven't ever used thread conditioner, may have to try it out sometime

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 12:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.047744 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list