Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 06:36
| Show all posts

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 06:38
| Show all posts
Willow replied at 2013-3-7 16:37
I have mine in single layers boxes, in the same format as you do.  Works well for me.

This is actually a box that stores the minature kids cars!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 06:39
| Show all posts
R Lee replied at 2013-3-7 17:31
I wish I had that! I've just swapped from kits to charts so I only have a few colours, and the manky ...

If you ever decide you would like one of these boxes, let me know because I sold a couple on Ebay.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 06:40
| Show all posts

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 06:43
| Show all posts
I would love to know where you found the plastic box???? I have the single layer ones..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 06:43
| Show all posts
beckysbiz replied at 2013-3-7 16:27
that's a cool idea, i must do it to, mine are all tangled in a shoe box, yes i hear people freaking  ...

No, we're not! Everybody just has their own system.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 07:38
| Show all posts
I don't bother winding mine.   My daughter used to wind mine and I did have a winder, it's just the time spent winding I could use for stitching and I hated the kinks in the floss, so I just keep my floss as I purchase it and donated my floss box to my son for his rock collection!  :D  I have unknown floss on bobbins in another case and wouldn't bother to wind any new additions.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 07:49
| Show all posts
Thats what I use....the fishing tackle boxes and put my thread on the little cards.
I also have a fishing tackle box carrier that can hold 4 of the thread boxes in it.

Comments

My son had so many of those little cars he collected, they were everywhere. I found the box I use online somewhere and thought that would help the clutter. Problem is, he never put his cars in it, so  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-8 07:55

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 07:54
| Show all posts
I store mine the same way. Basically, I bought a pack of the little stickers with the numbers on them and over the course of the year any time I was somewhere that sold thread, I'd pick up a few skeins.

The funny thing is that I inherited my aunt's thread collection when she passed and she stored hers a completely different way (a box of skeins sorted into individual jewelry bags -- she did a lot of floral/plant cross stitches so there's tons of duplicates of various greens and browns.

So now when I run out I have a process of checking her stash before heading to the store. It's like having a back-up thread source, which comes in handy when I run out at 10 o'clock at night and don't want to wait until morning.

Comments

Wow, you are lucky to have this back up system.  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-8 12:37

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-8 07:55
| Show all posts
jeanniespc replied at 2013-3-7 18:49
Thats what I use....the fishing tackle boxes and put my thread on the little cards.
I also have a fi ...

My son had so many of those little cars he collected, they were everywhere. I found the box I use online somewhere and thought that would help the clutter. Problem is, he never put his cars in it, so I found a great use for it! Floss holder! LOL!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 17:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.093477 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list