Forgot password?
 Register
View: 835|Reply: 9
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Problem Thread or Material

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-3-12 22:15
| Show all posts |Read mode
I used to always swear by DMC but recently Ive found their threads to fray and snap quite easily, now im not sure if its the threads or the Aida im using,  Does anyone have any tips to try and avoid this from happening, Im becoming quite frustrated with it now :L

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-3-12 22:45
| Show all posts
wow are you sure your DMC threads fray easily? my DMC is always fine except the metallic =__=a

if your Aida is frying, you can try these option :
1. before you stitched it, make sure you sealed the left-right-upper-down side with the PAPER TAPE. i usually using this one. it's really helpful
2. Fray Glue. it glue that special for fabric to prevent it became fray
i hope it will be useful tips for you good luck! :loveliness:
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-12 22:47
| Show all posts
I was thinking maybe it was the material that was causing the thread to fray so switched back to DMC Aida for the next project which i started last night and no fraying so far, but the fraying on the material was driving me nuts, Ill definitely give your suggestions a try, thank you so much x

Comments

DMC corp recently bought the Charles Craft corp. I think the fabric quality changed a bit more course. MCG Textiles makes a 28 count super soft easy on the floss less fraying fabric.  Post time 2013-3-18 04:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-14 12:04
| Show all posts
I have that problem sometimes, but my problem might be that some of my thread is so old!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-15 06:42
| Show all posts
I think it's really the newer thread. I have older thread and no problem. I don't think the quality is there anymore with DMC. I think they made a wrong turn and lost their way. I hope they find their way back they used to be a really good thread.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-16 10:49
| Show all posts
I bought the kinkade beauty and the beast candamar kit and it was awful. It was 18 count aida and the fabric felt rough and "bitty" and the thread got fuzzy as it went through. It didnt break though. I changed to normal 14 ct aida and it is going smoothly now. I assumed it was just me hating 18 ct but now i think it was just inferior fabric.

Comments

Its 18 or 16 ct I use but my most recent is a 14 count and the threads seem to be fine  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-16 20:18

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-16 12:44
| Show all posts
I find that thread that is old and yes they will sell threads that are old will fray and break easily.
I've also found some aida will have too much stiffness from the starchy finish they use which makes the fabric rough.  Try washing the fabric with mild soap, rinse well and let dry.   Hope this helps.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-16 20:18
| Show all posts

Its 18 or 16 ct I use but my most recent is a 14 count and the threads seem to be fine

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:14
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 02:52
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-2 01:50 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089647 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list