Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
View: 1829|Reply: 21
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Needle sizes

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-3-25 20:03
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, can anyone confirm the official needle sizes to  be used for the different size aida cloths? Example , my DMC store advises needle no 26 with 14 count aida, but the other store gives me needle no 24.
Aiyoyo ( equivalent to my goodness and so more), this is not a end of world matter, but if someone nice can advise, then I need not argue with either seller.

Thanks.
Amy

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-3-25 20:12
| Show all posts
needles.jpg

This table should help you.

Comments

Oh yes, thank you kind person. Exactly what I was looking for. Terima kasih (thank you in Malay).  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-25 20:15

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-12-25 14:11
| Show all posts

I would just add that on 36-count, I use a 28.  The important thing in needle size is that it should create a path for the floss, so the floss doesn’t scrape harshly against the fabric as it goes through.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-14 07:43
| Show all posts
Interesante.  Muchas cosas.  Probaré a usar

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-24 15:49
| Show all posts
Thank you for this question, it is useful for me too!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-8-22 03:24
| Show all posts
very interesting issue

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 10:25
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-27 06:21
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-25 20:15
| Show all posts
fei2x replied at 2013-3-25 20:12
This table should help you.

Oh yes, thank you kind person. Exactly what I was looking for. Terima kasih (thank you in Malay).

Comments

You're welcome. Glad to help.  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-25 20:21

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-25 20:21
| Show all posts
amyleesf replied at 2013-3-25 12:15
Oh yes, thank you kind person. Exactly what I was looking for. Terima kasih (thank you in Malay).

You're welcome. Glad to help. :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-25 21:03
| Show all posts
Usefull for me as well. thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-27 02:56
| Show all posts
This chart is a very useful tool.

Some people will find preferences which don't match the chart exactly.  Think of it as more of a guide than an exact rule.  

I notice that sometimes the type of cloth I am using will cause me to use different needle sizes (even though it may be the same count, etc).

Comments

You are right. For example for 14 count thread, I used to use needle 24. Another shop recommended needle no 26, so I tried it. I found I liked needle no 26 better for most purposes, but I would use ne  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-27 05:43

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-27 05:43
| Show all posts
jandir replied at 2013-3-27 02:56
This chart is a very useful tool.

Some people will find preferences which don't match the chart exa ...

You are right. For example for 14 count thread, I used to use needle 24. Another shop recommended needle no 26, so I tried it. I found I liked needle no 26 better for most purposes, but I would use need no 24 when the pattern asked for 3 strands. (thicker.) So as you say, the chart is very useful, but in the end it is really up to individual. Still I treasure the chart.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-31 18:50
| Show all posts
Interesante informacion. creo que aunque nos adaptemos a las indicaciones de las casas comerciales siempre habrá cambios en la elección. Yo en ocasiones si me queda poca trama de hilo y no quiero apuntar y comenzar una trama nueva escojo una aguja de menor tamaño y finalizo el trabajo.

Comments

Online translation: Interesting information. I think that while we adapt to the indications of the commercial houses in choosing habrcambios always. I sometimes if I have little plot thread and do not  Details Reply Post time 2013-3-31 21:53

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-3-31 21:53
| Show all posts
mdbf replied at 2013-3-31 18:50
Interesante informacion. creo que aunque nos adaptemos a las indicaciones de las casas comerciales s ...

Online translation:
Interesting information. I think that while we adapt to the indications of the commercial houses in choosing habrcambios always. I sometimes if I have little plot thread and do not want to point and start a new story I choose a smaller needle tamaoy completed work.

Comment by Amy:  Me also think same. I choose my own needles when it is a small piece of work.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-2 05:50
| Show all posts
I tend to use a no 28 for almost everything.  It is just what I prefer.  I will use a no 26 in a pinch but I just find that 28 seems to stitch more smoothly for me....

Comments

Same here. I find that within a pack of DMC #28, there are slight variations in each needle, some are finer than the others. I use the one I am most comfortable with, and keep the finer ones for bac  Details Reply Post time 2013-4-2 07:58

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 10:24 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.087578 sec., 26 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list