Forgot password?
 Register
View: 970|Reply: 4
Collapse the left

[Color Boards] Bucilla - To wash the floss or not

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-5-27 05:14
| Show all posts |Read mode
I received the "Red Tea Set" from Bucilla as a gift.  I have never completed a kit from this company so I read all the instructions and it said to prewash all the dark flosses.  Because I didn't know which brand of floss they used, I washed 4 of the Reds to see if any of them would bleed.  None of them bled and now I am unsure if I should go through the hassle of washing all the dark flosses or take my chances.

Has anyone used floss from Bucilla and did you prewash your floss, or did you skip that step and have dye staining while washing the piece later?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-5-27 10:18
| Show all posts
hola a todos y todas
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-11 21:50
| Show all posts
You can go ahead and stitch without washing the floss if you like! You can afterwards use a product called Dye Magnet or Dye Catcher etc to soak your finished piece. Any "bleeding" will be trapped by this and not the finished work. I've never washed my red flosses before a stitch but always use the magnet in the soak and never had a problem with the red running.

Comments

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look into those products.  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-14 01:42

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-14 01:42
| Show all posts

Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to look into those products.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 00:46
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-29 21:44 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054234 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list