Register
View: 900|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Blending Question

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-7 01:25
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Jazzi at 2013-6-6 11:30

I have spent hours looking through 100's if not 1000's of patterns and loving it. I noticed that on some, I see it noted under other stitches "blending".

I don't know what that means. Years ago I completed a very extensive wedding project for my brother and wife and I remember using the different Kreinik blending filaments as the directions indicated. Is that what it means?

I just want to be sure as I am totally in love with a chart and would like to download and start it as soon as possible and I would hate to download it to find that the blending is something else and it is not indicated how to do it and I am unable to do the project.

This is the project: Wicked Witch Wear

Thanks so much!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-6-7 01:39
| Show all posts
The pattern mostly uses DMC threads, but also a blend(ing) of DMC and Kreinik Blending Filament threads, plus two different thread colours from Gentle Arts, and Wisper by Rainbow Gallery.

Blending is what you think it is; a mix of DMC and Kreinik.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-7 02:05
| Show all posts
Blending can also be a combination of two different thread colors. A chart may ask you to use one strand of one colors and one strand of another color, threaded through the needle together at the same time. This is an example of the blending technique with 2 strands. There are other variations, but this is the most common. Hope this helps! :)

Comments

You should never have to decide the blending for yourself. All of the charts that I have seen with blending tell you exactly how many of what strands to use.  Post time 2013-6-7 03:40
It helps a lot, I was just concerned that I would have to decide the blending myself. Thanks so much!  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-7 03:32

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-7 03:32
| Show all posts

It helps a lot, I was just concerned that I would have to decide the blending myself. Thanks so much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 21:49
| Show all posts
In blending you use two threads: normally one of dmc six stranded cotton (just one of the six) and then another thread wich can be pearl effects...an special thread...

but most of the times you have to blend two different colours of dmc thread.

I personally hate blending!!! :(

Comments

I don't like blending either, almost as much as I don't like backstitches. Charts with blending will tell you exactly how to blend them, no guessing here.  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 17:25

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 17:25
| Show all posts
asunruiz replied at 2013-6-29 21:49
In blending you use two threads: normally one of dmc six stranded cotton (just one of the six) and t ...

I don't like blending either, almost as much as I don't like backstitches. Charts with blending will tell you exactly how to blend them, no guessing here.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-10 03:13
| Show all posts
I love blending, but am anal about backstitching.  Sometimes I just want to do longer stitches...anyone else do that?

Comments

Yes I do. I just can't go through every tiny hole again...ugh! But only a few stitches at a time I'll skip if it looks ok.  Post time 2013-8-19 10:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-10 11:00
| Show all posts
This thread is very helpful, I was wondering what it meant too. Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-11 15:45
| Show all posts
Blend is use for expand de DMC palette... Very difficult design (like Golden Kite) use it to achieve the effect of paint.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:10
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 02:12 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.056159 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list