| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Spookytooth
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Valdani threads anyone used them?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time: 2013-6-19 03:23
| Show all posts
I have now found a British site that sells these threads in six ply stranded cotton, same colour numbers and description of colours as the Rosewood Manor sampler.  I am assuming that these can be split into three ply and used the same, if anyone is interested!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-21 08:00
| Show all posts
Hi Spookytooth,
I was wandering in 123stitch for fabrics, and just out of curiosity, had a look at their thread tab.  And Valdani is listed ! Not sure about the completeness of the range though.  Another site is sewanso, also listed Valdani in their threads section.  

123stitch is a US online site while sewanso is UK.  I have bought from 123 and think they are good.

Check it out :)

Cheers,
p

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-22 21:45
| Show all posts
Hola!
Acabo de encontrar este post, siento no haberlo hecho antes.

Para el punto de cruz el más recomendables el hilo valdani de tres cabos. Sí quieres usar la madeja tal y como viene, si dividir los cabos, no debes usar tela de trama demasiado fina, lo más adecuado sería una de 28-32counts.

Estos hilos son preciosos, pero en Europa so un poco caros. Yo los he comprado en anitalittlestitches.com. busca en el apartado de gráficos de rosewood manor, verás que tienen preparados kits con los hilos necesarios para algunos de los gráficos.

Un beso!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-8-10 06:11
| Show all posts
He comprado algunos de estos hilos en Anita Little Stitches. Tienen shop online!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-8-11 01:35
| Show all posts
I have used Valdani threads for projects by Rosewood Manor.  The ones I used were cotton over-dyed threads, 3 ply.  They offer no DMC equivalent that I am aware of.  They are very beautiful and have a "soft" look to them as opposed to a shine.  They come as a small ball of thread and you just cut your length or stitch right off the ball.  They can be expensive compared to other threads but they are well worth it.  They are very nice threads to stitch with.  You can order them direct through their site but everything is done on-line, then they will call you to get your credit card number, then they ship.  I did not like this method as they are difficult to get hold of and I think her spouse answered the phone with child in background crying.  At first I was concerned but I had no problem.  Mostly, I order through my local shop.  When new charts come out, they often offer the "kit" for the Valdani's for that new chart.  You can also buy individually through 1-2-3 Stitch in Utah, USA.

Comments

I love valdani threads on 28 ct.  Details Reply Post time 2014-8-18 02:23

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-8-18 02:23
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
rosebud

Login/Register to enlarge
2014-8-10 09:35

I have used Valdani threads for projects by Rosewood Manor.  The ones I used were cotton over-dyed t ...

I love valdani threads on 28 ct.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-9-13 15:42
| Show all posts
I've used the son Valdani 3 threads, but it is not very convenient if you embroider on 2 threads. There are now 6 hanks threads., It's much better

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-23 04:50
| Show all posts
I've used them and really like them. They are available here in the US and I think they are manufactured in Canada. They make a 3ply which many punch needle people like and then a regular 6 ply (like DMC). The colors are really lovely but they are a little hard to find.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-3 22:27
| Show all posts
I have heard of them, but haven't seen any.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-2-21 05:44
| Show all posts
I have some of the Valdani 3 ply, they are very soft color tones, overdyed? maybe. (Mine are mainly purple's.) My 3 ply ones are fairly thick though.

I got them from an embroidery convention, which doesn't help as per finding a supplier.

I can imagine in something like Ink Circles designs they'd be lovely.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-4 01:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.097072 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list