| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-29 01:53
| Show all posts
my back always looks terrible!! :):):):)
anyway I only stitch things to be framed (you don't see the back) or filled (same)

Comments

This is my first project and I'm trying to keep it neat and tidy, but it's difficult!  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 02:44

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 02:15
| Show all posts
Great back. I have tried but it has never looked like yours. I do like the tips your friend gave you and I will try that on my next one. Thanks for sharing!

Comments

I have just tried really hard to adhere to the rule that nothing goes diagonal in the back, I will go out of my way and plan out my "route"... I think for my next project I'm going to try to keep all  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 02:47

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-29 02:44
| Show all posts

This is my first project and I'm trying to keep it neat and tidy, but it's difficult!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-29 02:47
| Show all posts
rteixeira63 replied at 2013-6-29 02:15
Great back. I have tried but it has never looked like yours. I do like the tips your friend gave you ...

I have just tried really hard to adhere to the rule that nothing goes diagonal in the back, I will go out of my way and  plan out my "route"... I think for my next project I'm going to try to keep all the lines in the back vertical only... It takes sometime...but I think it will be worth it in the end :D I really want to have it look like Megy's! You could barely tell the difference between her front and back except for one looks more vibrant and  covered! That is amazing.

Comments

I don't understand how you can do that? I need a video tutorial, the book is in another language and I need descriptions!  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 08:25

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 02:48
| Show all posts
I think you are doing a great job by now really

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 03:02
| Show all posts
the back is perfect ideal for works such as curtains and lamps. where the light that passes through the embroidery highlights the "defects" of paassaggio of the wires on the back. for me in a panel, the important thing is that the right is perfect for the back ...... Good job!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 03:19
| Show all posts
As far as my dark material concern, I worry that I will have problems seeing where to put the needle in. However I have seen some really good tips on using it like using a light underneath in addition to above it.

Recently I worked on some darker purple, however it was 14 count so it was easier to see. One of my next projects is a ladybug pin cushion on a higher count red fabric.

Comments

using light under dark fabric is a great idea, also try a white towel, material or pillow on your lap. it makes the wholes much easier to see. hope this helps :)  Post time 2013-7-1 06:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 03:21
| Show all posts
Megy replied at 2013-6-28 02:55
Hi Yenilaia ..
Congrats for your first project you are very courageous its a big pattern and dark c ...

Wow, this is amazing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 07:58
| Show all posts
That is an amazingly perfect back!!  Both the books look incredible.  My backs look like something the cat drug in and the dog wouldn't touch :)  I guess maybe my smaller projects don't look quite that bad, but they are still bad....if it has confetti....it's nothing but a horrible mass of threads!  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 08:23
| Show all posts
I make sure I secure my ends all the same direction <----------- and leave some in case I need to pull it taught or fix something later. Once it's all finished, if it's not a framed piece, I can trim them, but the back always look a tad messy, never beautiful like that flora piece shown! I wish there was a video tutorial.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 20:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050556 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list