Forgot password?
 Register
Author: waterlillie
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Keeping back neat

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-8-2 06:45
| Show all posts

YES! I've been doing that, too, the running stitching under other stitches. But this pattern has over 100 colours and it gets difficult! When carrying my stitches vertically I also wrap it around existing stitches every couple of stitches so it doesn't bulge out too much...

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-8-6 09:51
| Show all posts
thank you something to think about

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-25 02:33
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Yenilaia

Login/Register to enlarge
2013-8-2 06:32

Also, here is an example of the back of my current project... It's not the greatest, but I'm looking ...

What beautiful back! Bravo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-7 04:53
| Show all posts
I think im the same as a lot of other people, as long as there are no knots and you cant see lines of thread from the from im not overly fussed as once framed no one will see :lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-4-7 07:22
| Show all posts
I am such an amateur at the whole thing that if I can get a piece finished, I don't worry about the back.  As I get better at it, I'll think about the back of the work.  But yours is beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-1-21 03:26
| Show all posts
I don't worry about the back, unless the thread is going to cross unstitched areas.

Comments

Same here  Post time 2020-1-29 16:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-10-1 08:46
| Show all posts
Honestly, if your framing the work, no one will ever see the back so dont fret too much. I try to keep it relatively neat for my own sanity, as it can be hard to thread through the back if it gets too thick. Just make sure you dont have any knots, the loop start is tremendous for this.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-1 05:17
| Show all posts
Waterlillie I have been stitching for years and the best advice I was given is to make sure you always cross your stitches in the same direction and use an even tension.  Don't worry too much about the back of your work as when the project is finished the back will be covered up.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-8-4 06:40
| Show all posts
well, if your crosses are everywhere the same directions it is all good! Your back has not to be perfect, keep it as neat as you like - and enjoy!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:27
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 18:42 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.091339 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list