Register
View: 1059|Reply: 27
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-9 09:00
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-9-9 09:09

Happy Monday my fellow crochet lovers! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to start off Week 2 in our Crochet Along!

First things first, I would like to welcome any newcomers! We are so glad to have you following with us in our stitching adventure! Please introduce yourself and say hello! To help get you up to speed, the links to our past threads are listed below. Please read through them so you are up to date and have all the information you’ll need. We are only just starting Week 2 so there is plenty of time for you to get caught up, but please, do not feel rushed! We are doing this for the fun of it so take your time and pace yourself. Again, welcome aboard! :)

Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1

So, today marks week 2 of our exciting Crochet Along which also includes our first check-in thread! YAY! :D This is where we will keep in touch each week. It is a place for us to review and discuss our progress; you can ask your questions or concerns here and upload pictures ofyour work (which I hope you all do). Everything pertaining to the past week should be added to this thread.

Also, since the first part of our pattern has been stretched out over two week's time, I would like to discuss how everyone is coming along:

-       Has everyone been able to gather their materials and start stitching?
-       Is anyone stuck or having a hard time with the pattern?
-       Has anyone completed the Head/Body?

Please take a moment to let us all know your current status and how your cute little friend is coming along. Keep in mind this is not a race so do not feel pressured! I just want to offer help those who have questions and of course make sure this extra week is needed. I understand everyone has a life outside of ChCross as well as other projects you are probably working on, so even if you are completed and you feel you would like this extra week please let us know.

:@ / :Q / :curse: / :L  <------ NO! PROHIBITED!!!  ;P

I hope you are all enjoying this pattern as much as I am! To be honest, it took me a few days to figure out what color scheme I wanted to go with. Finally I sat down with my yarns spread out in front of me and came up with what I thought was the perfect idea! I can't wait to share with you when it is completed and I can't wait to see how all of your projects turn out! SO EXCITING!  :D

Okay now it is time to come clean...I Reptilegirl27, am guilty of over-stitching and completed the head/body. ;P  He was just so much fun to stitch and watch come to life! Once I started I couldn't stop! The good thing is if you have any questions or issues with this part I have already worked through them and can give you some advice or suggestions. So don't hesitate to ask, after all that is what we are here for!

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE **currently up for discussion - check back soon**

09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
***UP FOR DISCUSSION - CHECK BACK SOON ***
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Eyes / Eyelids, weekly check-in

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2),weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2),weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/28/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 9
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in. Because these wings are quite large we are going to stretch this portion of the pattern out for 2 weeks, if anyone needs more time or if one week is plenty leave a reply for discussion.

11/04/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 10
Bottom Wings Continued, weekly check-in

11/11/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 11
Embellishing the Wings (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in

11/18/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 12
Assembly and design completion, weekly check-in

11/25/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 13
Final check-in, shares and vote for best project!
*Prize to be announced within this week's thread! Yes you read that right…A PRIZE!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!

Talk with you soon and happy stitching!
Amanda

CA Week 1/2 - Head/Body

CA Week 1/2 - Head/Body

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
misseo + 1 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great Start!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-3-15 10:21
| Show all posts
Very nice            
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-23 05:17
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Bravo, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-5 07:29
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-17 02:43
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-11 09:41
| Show all posts
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-10 05:02
| Show all posts
Very sweet and beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-26 17:56
| Show all posts
Very beatiful!!! Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-18 15:17
| Show all posts
Great work, nicely done!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-7-23 21:12
| Show all posts
Cute!!!   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-12 05:16
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-9 09:17
| Show all posts
PLEASE LET US KNOW QUICKLY IF YOU NEED THIS ADDITIONAL WEEK BY COMMENTING TO THIS REPLY: 1 = YES (I NEED THIS EXTRA WEEK) or 2 = NO (I AM COMPLETED WITH THE HEAD/BODY AND AM READY TO MOVE FORWARD)

Please note: just because most people are responding with no DOES NOT mean we are eliminating this extra week. I am only curious at to where everyone is with this project. No worries! This is our first Crochet Along and I want to be sure the Stitch Schedule is working for everyone.

Thank you all so much! XOXO

Comments

Yes  Post time 2013-9-13 02:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-9 15:52
| Show all posts
DSC02758.JPG Here is my finished head and body!!

Comments

Que aplicada Cerdei!!....te esta quedando genial......  Post time 2013-9-10 10:31
Thanks you both!! I'm trying to take advantage of combining lines with colors that my daughter chose for the butterfly, do not know if it will be fine, as will be seen only at the end!  Post time 2013-9-9 18:27
How cool is that! What a fun idea! It's beautiful! Yay I'm so excited! :)  Post time 2013-9-9 18:09
Good idea. I am wondering if I have sufficient yarn of a particular color for the body and thus hesitate to start. I might follow suit.  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-9 16:07

Rate

misseo + 1 Very nice!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-9 16:07
| Show all posts

Good idea.  I am wondering if I have sufficient yarn of a particular color for the body and thus hesitate to start.  I might follow suit.

Comments

See and that's where I also got stuck...picking out colors is a pain in the toosh! LOL! Maybe try sitting in front of your colors and match some up? Worked for me ;)  Post time 2013-9-9 18:12

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-9 20:08
| Show all posts
super sympa
ou peux t on avoir les explications pour suivre ce cal

merci pour la reponse

Comments

Vous êtes les bienvenus ! Espérons que vous vous joindrez à nous :)  Post time 2013-9-9 20:42

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-10 20:19
| Show all posts
Whew.... Got my body done :)  I went with light purple.  

Looking good everyone!

body.jpg

Comments

Nice to see I wasn't the only one who completed the head and body hahaa!  Post time 2013-9-11 00:09

Rate

misseo + 1 Very nice!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-11 20:47
| Show all posts
Hola chicas!!

Acabo de empezar la cabeza y falta la corrida 18, tejo un punto bajo en cada punto anterior??

Comments

Oh sí, yo veo lo que quieres decir ! Ni siquiera me di cuenta de que mientras yo estaba trabajando ! Simplemente seguir adelante , creo que el autor omite el número es todo :)  Post time 2013-9-11 21:08
Hola de nuevo ! Me alegro de que estás siguiendo junto con nosotros ! Lo siento, no hablo español y mi traducción no está llegando a través correctamente. Entiendo que un atascado sin embargo, es  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-11 21:00

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-11 21:00
| Show all posts
Hipita replied at 2013-9-11 20:47
Hola chicas!!

Acabo de empezar la cabeza y falta la corrida 18, tejo un punto bajo en cada punto an ...

Hola de nuevo ! Me alegro de que estás siguiendo junto con nosotros ! Lo siento, no hablo español y mi traducción no está llegando a través correctamente. Entiendo que un atascado sin embargo, es esto correcto?
Entiendo que usted tiene la cabeza empezó y creo que dijo que están atrapados en la ronda 18?

Espero que esto se traduce correctamente lo siento.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-11 21:14
| Show all posts
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-9-11 21:15

HEADS UP!

Hello ladies! @Hipita made a great observation this morning, round 18 is missing in the head / body part of the pattern. I think this was only a simple typing error, no need to worry. I didn't notice until now so I continued working and it turned out beautifully. Just continue stitching from 17 right to 19.

Hope you are all having a great week so far and getting lots of stitch time in! I cannot wait to see everyone's work next week! :)

Comments

No hay problema felices de ayudar! Envío de abrazos! XOXO  Post time 2013-9-11 21:29
Muchas gracias!!!....me quedó claro.....ahora a continuar con la cabeza..jejejjejejj Eres un amor!!  Post time 2013-9-11 21:21

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-13 02:53
| Show all posts
I've been so busy finishing some knitting I've not had time to start but will try to do so Today or Tomorrow. Don't wait up for me, I am in, I just need a few extra days as it's been so busy.

Great work for those who are already working their project!

Comments

Were your ears ringing or something?! Seriously! I was just about to send you a PM to see how you were doing! Lol :) And thank you for the rating!  Post time 2013-9-13 03:49

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 01:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.137917 sec., 32 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list