Register
View: 1313|Reply: 37
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-16 11:33
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by CrochetGranny at 2013-9-18 10:25

Hello again my stitch loving friends! Here we are already at week 3! Woo is time flying by or what?!

If you are new in joining us I would like to share a friendly hello and welcome! Please introduce yourself and say hello! We are now starting our third week of this crochet along. Do not worry though, you have plenty of time to catch up or just work along at your own pace! This is not a race by any means, just a way for us to work a project together and have some fun so do not get discouraged :)  To help get you up to speed, the links to our past threads are listed below. Please read through them so you are up to date and have all the information you’ll need. The pattern for this project can be found in the second link listed below (WEEK 1) for download. As you complete a new piece of the pattern, please feel free to share your progress with us in the latest Monday check-in thread. We would all love to see your work come to life! Again, welcome aboard!

Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 2

I was so excited to see so many beautiful head/body's last week and I am hoping to see even more this week! Everyone is doing so great and now it is really going to get fun! From this week forward we get to start adding some personal flare to our new Ami friends! I hope you are all just as excited!

And I don't know about you guys, but I had a really tough time fighting myself from starting the antennae and nose last week LOL! I am really enjoying this cute little guy. It is so much fun watching the stitches build up creating the different shapes! Please, if any of you completed this next part feel free to share your progress pictures here. I would love to see what you have come up with! Maybe you can help make up my mind... I am undecided on whether or not I want to have solid colored antennae or if I want the tips to be a separate color? Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. ;P

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Eyes / Eyelids, weekly check-in

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2),weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2),weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/28/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 9
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in. Because these wings are quite large we are going to stretch this portion of the pattern out for 2 weeks, if anyone needs more time or if one week is plenty leave a reply for discussion.

11/04/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 10
Bottom Wings Continued, weekly check-in

11/11/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 11
Embellishing the Wings (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in

11/18/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 12
Assembly and design completion, weekly check-in

11/25/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 13
Final check-in, shares and vote for best project!
*Prize to be announced within this week's thread! Yes you read that right…A PRIZE!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!

I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!
Keep those hooks a flyin' ladies!
Amanda :loveliness:

Add post (2013-9-17 10:06):
Okay, given that this week and next week's parts of the pattern are so small we are going to combine weeks 3 & 4 (nose, antennae & eyes). Next week we will start the top wings part 1 of 4.

week3.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-3-15 08:22
| Show all posts
Very nice            
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-5-23 05:31
| Show all posts
¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*• Bravo, well done •*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-20 03:43
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-3 06:45
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing this great work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-5 05:07
| Show all posts
        Very nice!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:34
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-19 09:46
| Show all posts
Very nice, Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-17 09:48
| Show all posts
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-11-18 18:55
| Show all posts
fantastic work, well done

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-26 18:03
| Show all posts
Very beatiful!!! Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-16 13:07
| Show all posts
Butterfly Flutterby-02.jpg

I was unable to hold myself from working on this butterfly.  Here are the antennae and nose finished last week.

Comments

There you are you guilty bunny! LOL! Looking good! I've been waiting too long I'll probably have them done today hahaa  Post time 2013-9-16 23:36

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +9 Collapse Reason
misseo + 1 Very nice!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful work!
CrochetGranny + 5 Keep up the good work

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-16 22:04
| Show all posts
Edited by cerdeirocas at 2013-9-16 14:06

DSC02777.jpg
Freshly made!! here are the antennae and nose of my butterfly...

Comments

Thanks !!  Post time 2013-9-17 20:08
Very nice color!  Post time 2013-9-17 07:47
Yea my son gave me his two cents when I had my yarns out so it is partly on him too. Gotta love the kids <3  Post time 2013-9-17 07:00
Thanks! my daughter chose the colors!! are two shades of purple!!( is more a violet and a purple!)  Post time 2013-9-16 23:42
So pretty! Loving your colors so far!  Post time 2013-9-16 23:37

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +12 Collapse Reason
misseo + 1 Very nice!
carton + 3 Very nice!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Great work!
CrochetGranny + 5 Keep up the good work

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-17 07:04
| Show all posts
**ATTENTION - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND**

Okay ladies, I realize this step and the next are both actually really small. Please comment to this and let me know if you think we should combine this and next week's parts of the pattern or just leave it as is. I just want to try to keep us all together as much as possible.

Thank you so much!
:)

Comments

I finished the body and meant to show pic but work is crazy busy. Will carry on with eyes nose, antennae etc. Can't wait to see everybodys color/colour choice.  Post time 2013-9-18 20:14
I support the idea of combining next week's part to this week. Moreover, the bumps of the top wings are also very small items. They can be all be done in 1 week (day).  Details Reply Post time 2013-9-17 09:00

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-17 09:00
| Show all posts

I support the idea of combining next week's part to this week.

Moreover, the bumps of the top wings are also very small items.  They can be all be done in 1 week (day).

Comments

I'm on board! A lot of people have the body already done anyways. It took me an hour to do the nose and both antennae...definitely ready for more! :)  Post time 2013-9-17 09:37

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-17 20:11
| Show all posts
Hello
This means that we must do what is planned for next week, this yet?

Comments

Yes go ahead and start working on the eyes and eyelids. I didn't realize how quickly they all worked up :)  Post time 2013-9-17 21:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-19 03:53
| Show all posts
Edited by cerdeirocas at 2013-9-18 19:55

Here is the rest of the pattern for this week!!
Eyes and eyelids...

DSC02778.jpg

Comments

Thanks!  Post time 2013-9-20 02:12
Great work! Looking good girl :)  Post time 2013-9-19 08:41

Rate

misseo + 1 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great work!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 BEAUTIFUL!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-20 17:32
| Show all posts
Butterfly Flutterby-03.jpg

Eyes of my butterfly.

Comments

They are so great! I thought they were fun to make but a pain for me to put together LOL  Post time 2013-9-20 18:07

Rate

misseo + 1 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Fantastic work
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Great work!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-21 20:31
| Show all posts
Eek! I am behind.  So busy with so many projects.  

Everyone is doing great though!  Keep up the good work.  I hope to catch up soon.  

This is good motivation! :D

Comments

You're not alone girly! I actually took the time yesterday to work the antenna, nose and eyes. I've been trying to get my requested projects knocked out this week. Busy busy! :)  Post time 2013-9-21 21:10

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-22 00:55
| Show all posts
This is what I miss when im not on here! :( I might have to join in on the next one between school family and my own projects.

Comments

Just to let you know the next crochet along is going to be starting soon :)  Post time 2013-10-29 01:13
If you are still interested we are starting project 2 voting next week. Look for the thread to submit your pattern in for voting! You guys are choosing next :)  Post time 2013-10-17 18:00

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 06:00 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088314 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list