Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 852|Reply: 23
Collapse the left

[Processing Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4 *EDITED*

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-23 21:27
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Reptilegirl27 at 2013-9-24 08:26

Good morning everyone and welcome to week 4 in our Crochet Along!

*** PLEASE NOTE THE STITCH SCHEDULE CHANGES BELOW***

As always I would first like to welcome those that may be new in joining us. Please introduce yourself and say hello! We are now starting our fourth week of this crochet along. Do not worry though, you have plenty of time to catch up or just work along at your own pace! This is not a race by any means, just a way for us to work a project together and have some fun so do not get discouraged :)  To help get you up to speed, the links to our past threads are listed below. Please read through them so you are up to date and have all the information you’ll need. The pattern for this project can be found in the second link listed below (WEEK 1) for download. As you complete a new piece of the pattern, please feel free to share your progress with us in the latest Monday check-in thread. We would all love to see your work come to life! Again, welcome aboard!

Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 2
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 3

I don't know about you guys but pulling those eyelids over top the eyes was quite a challenge for me! I got them done but woo you sure need some elbow grease LOL!  ;P

So now the fun begins! Our little butterflies are about to start really coming to life now as we begin stitching up our wings this week! I cannot wait to see everyone else's progress this week too! If you haven't yet seen the others, go visit last weeks check-in thread referenced above! There are so many lovely colors and color mixes, everyone is doing a great job! :D

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in
**EDITED **  Now includes also working the Eyes / Eyelids from the original Week 4

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag
**EDITED **  Now includes also working Part 2 of 4 as these are very small pieces

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in. Because these wings are quite large we are going to stretch this portion of the pattern out for 2 weeks, if anyone needs more time or if one week is plenty leave a reply for discussion.

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Bottom Wings Continued, weekly check-in

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Embellishing the Wings (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in

10/28/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 9
Assembly and design completion, weekly check-in

11/04/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 10
Final check-in, shares and vote for best project!
*Prize to be announced within this week's thread! Yes you read that right…A PRIZE!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Keep those hooks a flyin' ladies!
Amanda :loveliness:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
carton + 5 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great Work

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-3-15 09:49
| Show all posts
Very nice            
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-20 03:15
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-9 07:16
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing this beautiful work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:30
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-24 23:10
| Show all posts
Very cute
Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-11 13:29
| Show all posts
Very sweet and beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-8-26 18:47
| Show all posts
Very beatiful!!! Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-18 15:51
| Show all posts
Great work, nicely done!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-3 04:18
| Show all posts
Really cute, nice work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-4 13:13
| Show all posts
veryverynice

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-23 23:04
| Show all posts
I am all caught up but not taken a photo yet. I will have to get that done today as time permits. Am currently working on the first week, almost done with it.

Comments

Yay can't wait to see! Isn't it so fun to stitch up!? I'm definitely making another one after this :)  Post time 2013-9-24 04:34

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-24 08:17
| Show all posts
Edited by CrochetGranny at 2013-9-24 08:19

I have a terrible camera! You breath and it shakes.
Anyhow this is what I got done. I did forget the white on the eye's.
Somehow on the body I skipped a row or two or ten hehehe he's a bit on the thin side but actually looks good. I am also going to make another one after this one is done

x

Comments

I love your colors!!  Post time 2013-9-27 05:23
Love the colors too! The stripes were an awesome idea!  Post time 2013-9-24 21:32
Colour change at the tail is not easy at all. You did it very well. Wonderful!  Post time 2013-9-24 17:57
No I think it is just great! So super exciting seeing everyone's take on the pattern and the character they add to these pieces! ...and it is about to get even better!  Post time 2013-9-24 08:28
yeah that was his backside the only photo that wanted to turn out. He's a bit thin hehe  Post time 2013-9-24 08:20
Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE IT!!!! BEAUTIFUL, COLORFUL FUN!!! Great job on the color changes! YAY so glad you are caught up with us! Hooray!!!  Post time 2013-9-24 08:19

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +9 Collapse Reason
misseo + 1 Great
cerdeirocas + 2 Powerfull!
carton + 3 Very nice!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful! Speedy catch-up!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-24 18:03
| Show all posts

This is one of the top wing plus the top and middle bumps of the other top wing.  I do not want to break yarn after finishing the top bump.  So my crocheting sequence is - making the middle bump, making the last bump, making the top bump, finish the top wing.

x

Comments

It looks great!!  Post time 2013-9-27 05:24
I did mine somewhat similar. I found the wing so confusing since I've not done one before  Post time 2013-9-25 02:23
Love the orange!  Post time 2013-9-24 21:37
Looking good girly! That is a beautiful color! Thank you so much for sharing that great suggestion! Very helpful...I may just follow suit :)  Post time 2013-9-24 18:09

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +10 Collapse Reason
cerdeirocas + 2 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great Work!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Great idea!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-24 21:36
| Show all posts

Well I am so behind. lol  My crochet ADD is too much of a burden. :P

So here is what I have so far.  Just need to finish the other eyelid and put them on her face and I will be done with that!    I have to sew as I go or else I lose pieces... or if I don't lose pieces I lose interest at the end when all I have left to do is sew everything together.  I can't tell you how many animals I have laying around that are complete but in pieces.

I will catch up!  I promise! ;P

x

Comments

Very cute!! Dont need to run!!  Post time 2013-9-27 05:25
....but no need to rush! We aren't going anywhere ;)  Post time 2013-9-24 22:57
So pretty! And I know exactly what you mean...I actually have mini project bags within my one large project bag so I don't lose pieces LOL! I need more mini project bags though! Addicting...YES! Lol  Post time 2013-9-24 22:54

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +11 Collapse Reason
misseo + 1 Super good
cerdeirocas + 2 Very nice!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great work!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-24 21:51
| Show all posts
Looking so good ladies♥  I started the wings and bottom wings today.  Oh my goodness-the circles are driving me nutz;P  Wish the pattern told us how many stitches we should have at the end of each round.

I have done mine in yarn that was in my stash - I, of course, should have bought something stunning.  Oh well!  

Can't wait to see the finished product from you all♥

Comments

I use the markers as well but mostly when I knit or crochet afghans. I find just using a string works well with the ami in some areas.  Post time 2013-9-25 20:49
Hi CC, I used a stitch marker for beginning of the round (boredom set in and I loose my place), to save frustration I worked out how many stitches there should and wrote it on the pattern :-)  Post time 2013-9-25 03:23
It certainly has loads of circles! I use an off colored yarn to mark the start of a row by laying it across the pattern before doing the first stitch.  Post time 2013-9-25 02:22
I am sure your butterfly will be beautiful! I can't wait to see everyone's wings when we start designing! I just love this project and seeing what everyone comes up with! Definitely making another!  Post time 2013-9-24 22:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-27 05:22
| Show all posts
Edited by cerdeirocas at 2013-9-26 21:27

Am I late!!!maybe a little!!;P;P;P;P
Here is my project so long!!

x

Comments

Looking good! Great color choices! ...and you aren't late silly LOL!  Post time 2013-9-27 06:24

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +8 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 5 Great work!
Reptilegirl27 + 3 Beautiful!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-2 23:43
| Show all posts
Where are we on this? I didn't get anything done last week as I was busy working on holiday gifts.

Comments

I posted week 5 Sunday evening. We are starting the last bump and stitching them together this week. Hope you have been able to get some more done :)  Post time 2013-10-3 04:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-5-20 20:09
| Show all posts
Such wonderful work.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-28 18:06
| Show all posts
Very nice :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 18:15 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.279981 sec., 31 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list