Forgot password?
 Register
View: 870|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] an easy way to approach backstitching

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-29 22:14
| Show all posts |Read mode
I need help with backstitching. What is the easiest way to approach it? i see all of these lines and it takes me a long time to do it - many, many hours. Help!! :Q

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2013-9-29 22:28
| Show all posts
Most cases I persevere.   I do take my time and make sure it is right the first time.  It is time consuming but so well worth the effort.    I expect to spend hours backstitching!

Comments

okay, so it is normal then to spend hours doing backstitching. I did not want to hear that lol. Okay, at least I know I am normal and it is not taking longer than usual. thanks!!  Post time 2013-9-29 22:35
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-29 22:44
| Show all posts
break up the task by doing it as you go along - as long as you have done all the cross stitching in a particular section first

Comments

Been thinking about doing this for a current proj I just started. I like the idea of not having to be so impatient to finish a finished project!  Post time 2013-10-16 12:22
Great suggestion! Wish I thought of it when doing my pattern :P  Post time 2013-10-1 07:00

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-29 22:50
| Show all posts
I agree 100% with LouAnna, it takes me forever too but it's always been worth the reward. I hate doing backstitch but love the finished results. what helps me is to have another project to work on when I just need to stop backstitching hope we have helped you some :)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-9-29 22:55
| Show all posts
breaking it up does seem like a good option. I will keep that in mind. I do appreciate all of the help :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-30 09:38
| Show all posts
I try to backstitch as I go if I can so it does not seem like it takes as long, but backstitching makes the piece look so good :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-30 10:01
| Show all posts
Es muy tedioso pero luego gana mucho la labor, así que o la compaginas con otra o te armas de paciencia, porque bordar el diseño también se necesita tiempo y lo encontramos ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-9-30 12:11
| Show all posts
I also have the same worry. So glad that I read the tips here. Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-8 05:04
| Show all posts
So helpful. I am finishing my first project and the backstitching is taking forever. I really thought I was in the home stretch.... but more like entering the second half. haha.

Thanks for the thread.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 03:06
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-28 09:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.044076 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list