Forgot password?
 Register
View: 804|Reply: 26
Collapse the left

[Finished Crafts] CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-9-30 05:56
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone! I hope everybody enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend! Welcome to week 5 in our Crochet Along! :)

If you are just joining us welcome! Below are the links to all the previous posts for this project. Please read through them all so you are up to date and feel free to share your progress pictures each week with us as we move forward. There is no rush to get caught up so take your time. Stitch at your own pace and have fun! Again welcome! :)

Crochet along - First thread: VOTE
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 1
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 2
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 3
Crochet along - Project 1: WEEK 4

I am really enjoying this pattern and am definitely making another one of these cute guys! Seeing everyone's projects come together I am getting many great ideas on how to design my second butterfly...although I am sure there will be many more than just two ;P  Thank you all for sharing with us! They are all so colorful and beautiful and fun! Great work!

So I took @carton 's advice last week; instead of breaking my yarn I worked one whole half of the wing continuously and am working on stitching the remainder of it up tonight. Woo it took me a while to figure out how to join the tops together but I finally got it! Thank you so much for sharing that with us carton! It was a great idea! :D       **Please remember, this is only a suggestion and you do not have to follow the pattern this way.

CROCHET ALONG - STITCH SCHEDULE
09/02/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 1
Please take this time to download and review the pattern in its entirety! You are going to want to plan out your colors for each piece and take note of any materials you may need to purchase. If you have any questions you may ask them below, but please, if it pertains to a later portion of our pattern try to hold off until we all get there so there is no confusion.

Once you have your materials gathered you may start on the Head / Body of the pattern. Because this portion is the largest piece we are going to stretch this out for 2 weeks. If anyone needs more time do not be afraid to ask! We can always add on a third week if needed.

NOTE: The designer has chosen to start each piece with a Ch 2, SC 6 in second chain from hook. If you prefer, as I do, you can substitute the Ch 2, SC 6 for a magic circle with SC 6. If you do not know how to work the magic circle,YouTube has some wonderful tutorials!   *Please note, this only stands as a reference, you do not need to use the magic circle

09/09/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 2
Head /Body continued, first weekly check-in

09/16/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 3
Nose and Antennae, weekly check-in
**EDITED **  Now includes also working the Eyes / Eyelids from the original Week 4

09/23/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 4
Top Wings Part 1 of 4 (Top bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 2 of 4 (Middle Bump - Make 2), weekly check-in
*Please label these pieces so as to not mix them up, I suggest labeling a sandwich bag
**EDITED **  
Now includes also working Part 2 of 4 as these are very small pieces

09/30/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 5
Top Wings Part 3 of 4 (Last Bump - Make 2) and Top Wings Part 4 of 4 (Assembling the Top Wing, includes Rows 1-11), weekly check-in

10/07/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 6
Bottom Wings (Make 2), weekly check-in.
**Because these wings are quite large we are going to stretch this portion of the pattern out for 2 weeks, if anyone needs more time or if one week is plenty leave a reply in the post directly below for discussion. Thank you!

10/14/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 7
Bottom Wings Continued, weekly check-in

10/21/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 8
Embellishing the Wings (now it's getting super exciting!), weekly check-in

10/28/2013- CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 9
Assembly and design completion, weekly check-in

11/04/2013 - CROCHET ALONG - PROJECT 1 - WEEK 10
Final check-in, shares and vote for best project!
*Prize to be announced within this week's thread! Yes you read that right…A PRIZE!

If you have any questions or concerns, advice or suggestions, pictures to share or anything else you would like to add please reply below. Be sure to check back soon for possible updates and to see everyone’s progress!
I hope you all have a fabulous week!
Keep those hooks a flyin' ladies!
Amanda :loveliness:

WEEK 5 WIP

WEEK 5 WIP

Comments

Camo Wings... very cool. A very manly butterfly maybe? lol  Post time 2013-10-1 00:47

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +17 Collapse Reason
CrochetGranny + 5 Great Job
cerdeirocas + 2 Powerfull!
Citroen + 10 Very nice!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2019-3-15 03:59
| Show all posts
Very nice            
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-19 21:41
| Show all posts
Thank  you  very  much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-1-9 07:38
| Show all posts
Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-21 03:30
| Show all posts
Very nice! Beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing !!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-4-11 18:23
| Show all posts

Verry nice work!!! Thank you for sharing:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-16 11:11
| Show all posts
Cute. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-19 12:30
| Show all posts
Great work, nicely done!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-21 12:46
| Show all posts
Lovely! <3

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-8-3 21:53
| Show all posts
Very nice job !

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-1 03:02
| Show all posts
@Citroen  yes can you tell my son helped me pick out the colors LOL! Man this wing is seriously a pain to stitch up! My wrist has been painful enough as it is and this surely isn't helping! I just finished this afternoon and will definitely have to take a couple days off before starting wing #2. Did you complete your wings without breaking yarn, working continuously? Just curious :)  Hope you are well!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-2 05:50
| Show all posts
My finished wing! One down, one to go!  The yarn I'm using is red heart camo which I love red heart, but this particular color creates a more stiff wool-like feel making it harder to work with. It puts a lot of pressure on my poor wrist so I have to break more often. Hoping I'll have the second wing done by the weekend. It's in my WIP rotation so we'll see.

Hope you like it!
Amanda :loveliness:

Week 5 Finished Wing

Week 5 Finished Wing

Comments

that shoulda read Great Job! I forgot what I had in my Paste hehe... now you know my secret.  Post time 2013-10-6 01:54

Rate

Number of participants 3Gold Coins +14 Collapse Reason
Silverlea + 6 Well Done♥
CrochetGranny + 5 Full Clear PDF - English
cerdeirocas + 3 The best!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-3 04:07
| Show all posts
@CrochetGranny  -  here's week 5, it got buried sorry :P

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-3 04:14
| Show all posts
Huh weird...I couldn't find this thread in the crochet diary today. I actually had to go back through my notifications to find it. Sorry for any inconvenience ladies, not sure what happened here.

Comments

Oh shoot poop! nice catch but darn it I sure did!  Post time 2013-10-4 18:24
because u have classified it under "finished"!!!  Post time 2013-10-4 13:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-4 13:54
| Show all posts
Edited by carton at 2013-10-4 13:56

Butterfly Flutterby-07.jpg

The 2 wings does not look identical.  So do the eyes.  LOL!

Comments

It seems nice to me!!  Post time 2013-10-5 00:55
Mine aren't looking the same either...the bumps are off on mine. I think yours looks great though! Really loving that orange! Can wait to see when you detail and decorate!  Post time 2013-10-4 18:21

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +19 Collapse Reason
Silverlea + 4 So cute
CrochetGranny + 10 Great Job
cerdeirocas + 3 Very nice!
Reptilegirl27 + 2 Great job!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-6 00:20
| Show all posts
Here I am! With my wings!!
Sorry!!!;P;P;P;P;P
The butterfly wings!!

DSC02815.jpg

Comments

Thanks girls!! for all the ratings!! You are too kind to me!!  Post time 2013-10-6 17:46
Great work! She is looking wonderful! Can't wait to see her completed!  Post time 2013-10-6 00:40

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +16 Collapse Reason
Silverlea + 4 Love the color♥
carton + 4 The best!
CrochetGranny + 5 Great Job
Reptilegirl27 + 3 So beautiful!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-6 00:42
| Show all posts
All of your wings look like perfect, just like the picture! ....mine...not so much LOL! ;P

Comments

mine don't look like that either  Post time 2013-10-8 06:42
I certainly can't tell the difference! They look great! I started joining all the bumps in the wrong spot so all my stitches are decreased in all the wrong areas LOL!  Post time 2013-10-6 02:50
Not so fast! Especially because I had to improvise a bit!! It turns out that I joined the top on the wrong side and then had to adjust! I think it turn out more or less!!  Post time 2013-10-6 01:44

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-6 01:55
| Show all posts
I've not had any time to complete my second wing, been so busy pushing out scarves for the holidays I've not done anything else! Will try to finish up this weekend. Wish me luck

Comments

I wish you lots of luck! I still have to finish up my 2nd top wing too. Scarves are a little more important right now anyways, it is getting colder out and people are in need! Keep on stitching girly!  Post time 2013-10-8 08:33
Thank you so much for the ratings! XOXO  Post time 2013-10-6 02:54
Lots of luck! No worries though...I still have to finish the second wing. I only just started joining the bumps last night and I have some orders due early this week and those are priority :P  Post time 2013-10-6 02:52
Good luck!!  Post time 2013-10-6 02:02

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-4-24 12:07
| Show all posts
Very nice ♥

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 06:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064906 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list